Author Topic: Nc750x or cb500x ., Which if same price??  (Read 2689 times)

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
Re: Nc750x or cb500x ., Which if same price??
Reply #30 on: June 04, 2020, 11:03:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]
I have heard this 'half a Jazz engine' story before a number of times and other than someone starting the story about this I have never seen any evidence of this, does anyone have any?

I believe it was a 'throwaway' comment at a press launch, and like many untruths, it has stuck.  :114:

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #31 on: June 04, 2020, 11:18:12 PM
Exactly ...but some will believe anything,and then get the hump if comments are questioned.

It just goes to show how some fall for press  comments and just blindly believe them.

I fitted an iridium spark plug and I'm getting 5bhp more power at 5000rpm,I also started a job as a motorcycling journalist a couple of hours ago,just about the time I found out that there are readers who believe anything.
NGK put me on a retainer and will now send me off on freebie trips with flights,accomodation,meals and as much loopy juice as I can handle.
All I have to do is spread the word to the gullable,its easier than one may think !

Offline Yuletine

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2018 CB500X
Reply #32 on: June 05, 2020, 01:05:26 PM
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]

No need for a letter from Mr Honda,one way or another

Some people just believe everything that they read and then get upset when a comment to the contrary is made,and,thats all it was initially.

Over to Yuletine...

I don't think there is any need to be rude Oyley.  It's only a bit of light hearted banter.

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
Reply #33 on: June 05, 2020, 01:09:02 PM
It was my response to your obtuse comment ...simples.
That was not light hearted or banter .
Back peddling springs to mind.

Offline Yuletine

• CB500X Pro
Reply #34 on: June 05, 2020, 01:19:29 PM
a) I made one comment about Mr Honda - and that is not obtuse

b) Back peddling - no idea what you are on about

c) You obviously have no idea what banter is

d) I though that this was supposed to be a fun forum - I guess that I was wrong

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
Reply #35 on: June 05, 2020, 02:04:00 PM
Maybe think a bit about your comments,especially when it can come across as obtuse,and it does to more than myself,it was clearly 'mocking' and if you don't know that,reasearch.Yeah,I know,an alien concept,but,some do it.
Your comment was hardly constructive in any way,it added no substance to the subject,it was mocking.
If you cant see that,I would suggest readdress your version of banter...it was not a general comment,it was specifically addressed at me.                                                                                                                    Backpeddaling? if you don't know that one,another good reason not to not to attempt at your version of banter.
Did I miss the bit where you got the 'half a Jazz engine' all wrong ? Never mind,its out there for those who don't believe all that journalists put out there.
Hey,I get things wrong all the time,my spelling and grammar is crap and there is nothing more I wish to say on this,so I wont,so fill your boots if you you feel the need to carry on,I'm done on this as its well off topic,defend you knowledge of the NC engine and version of banter if you will.

Offline Yuletine

• CB500X Pro
Reply #36 on: June 05, 2020, 02:12:38 PM
You are SO rude.

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
Reply #37 on: June 05, 2020, 03:17:08 PM
 :763:

Online motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #38 on: June 05, 2020, 03:41:26 PM
Just to put this whole jazz engine thing to rest that statement was made by project leader Soya Uchida at a news conference in 2012
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
Reply #39 on: June 05, 2020, 04:40:37 PM
And was it because there were a few common parts? which is normal within a large manufacturing company,I mean,how many common parts does it take to make the NC engine half a Jazz engine?
Was it not later revealed that it was a throwaway statement? this has been common knowledge for a long,long time and it only takes a consultation with Mr Google to see
I would just love to see a list of those common parts that would qualify the term 'half'
So many things are so different.
To put it to bed would for sure take more than a throwaway statement to the press.
Alan Millwards KawasakiZ1 six is one and half Z1 900 four is much closer to a bike that's been derived from multiples of another engine...same pistons,two standard cranks modified,same stroke,two engine cases cut and welded,same with heads,cam covers,con rods,big ends,little ends,gudgeon pins,valves,springs,same fuel system,same starter motor,alternator etc,etc.
To put it to bed...just exactly what common parts does the NC have with the Jazz engine,even the compression ratio.
As Timur stated,180 deg crank on the Jaz and 270 deg crank on the NC...that alone makessome  internals different.
I'll put money that the pistons are not the same...the output drive will be different.
The Jazz uses a VTEC system for the valves.
The NC does not
The Jazz had as part of the VTEC system,a toothed belt drive.
The NC engine has chain driven cams.
Those facts alone make the head and all the cams very,very diferent.
That also make the drive system at the bottom end different.

Please,to those who think its half Jazz engine,come up with the evidence other than quoting a throwaway statement,that it is half a Jazz  engine,other than one has two cylinders and one has four and that both are made by Honda and may have a few common components that are buried and not seen externally....surely that alone is a huge clue.

I will be the first to hold my hands up and say....'Its half a Jazz engine'