Author Topic: SW-Motech Quick-Lock EVO Micro Tank Bag Install - 2016 CB500X  (Read 463 times)

Offline BenjaminCB

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: PC64
*Originally Posted by Twempie [+]

I don't intend to hijack this thread, but house arrest has made me want to talk to strangers.

YMMV.

It's starting to get to all of us  :008:

Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:47:14 PM by BenjaminCB

Offline ewryly

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
*Originally Posted by Twempie [+]
I don't intend to hijack this thread, but house arrest has made me want to talk to strangers.

YMMV.

Completely agree, but I thought your story was a total gas :).

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Question-- when you have things in the bag naturally they will slide to the rear at any time does the bag touch the tank
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline d_j_c

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Hi everyone,

Happy to report that with the compact size of this bag, I can simply set it up in the dash area when I fill up.  I agree with you Twempie, no filling up with the luggage in place!  Another solution would be to simply hang it off the bar end, but I have Barkbusters and this wouldn't be possible unless I added a carabiner of something.  Setting it up on the dash works just fine for me as it allows me to easily access my wallet while filling. 

Motorboy: with the small size of this particular model and the rigidity of the mounting plate and the base of the bag, I don't foresee a situation where I could fill this bag up to the point where it would flex enough to touch the tank.  I have only carried a few things in there so far, and as you mentioned, with the angle of the tank, they naturally slide to the bottom (back).  Nothing has caused the bag to touch the tank so far.  This might be a consideration for SW-Motech's larger bags however, but I can't speak to those. 

victorious-backstage