Author Topic: Biking Roads Ruined!  (Read 1105 times)

Online Neox

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2016 cb500x
Re: Biking Roads Ruined!
Reply #20 on: June 17, 2020, 10:19:18 PM
In north of Almeria in Spain, i was stopped on the side of the road. I was photographing an old mine on the hill.
A sportbike with a rider dressed like on the track passed by, with loud muffler and agressive driving.
People around me were aggressive, because i ride a motorcycle too. I didn't undertand what they were saying because i don't speak spanish. But i'm sure it's not very friendly...
I've been saved because i have stock exhaust and ride gentle.

In Austria i saw lot of signs at the entry of small villages telling moped forbidden. At the enter of big cities, you can see "motorbikes forbiddeen from 22h to 05h".

When i went to the Belgian coast, i saw campsites refusing motorcycles.
while I was signing up at a campsite reception desk, the guy turned me down saying the bikes are too loud. I said no because he didn't hear me coming.
How can I refuse others if I accept you, he said. So no bikes, never.

too bad I have to pay for the stupidity of a minority everywhere...
fortunately there's a flip side to this. By respecting people with non-agressive riding and no loud pipes when traveling, people aren't used to it so they are friendly and helpful.

Offline ewryly

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
Reply #21 on: June 17, 2020, 10:45:56 PM
*Originally Posted by Neox [+]
In north of Almeria in Spain, i was stopped on the side of the road. I was photographing an old mine on the hill.
A sportbike with a rider dressed like on the track passed by, with loud muffler and agressive driving.
People around me were aggressive, because i ride a motorcycle too. I didn't undertand what they were saying because i don't speak spanish. But i'm sure it's not very friendly...
I've been saved because i have stock exhaust and ride gentle.

In Austria i saw lot of signs at the entry of small villages telling moped forbidden. At the enter of big cities, you can see "motorbikes forbiddeen from 22h to 05h".

When i went to the Belgian coast, i saw campsites refusing motorcycles.
while I was signing up at a campsite reception desk, the guy turned me down saying the bikes are too loud. I said no because he didn't hear me coming.
How can I refuse others if I accept you, he said. So no bikes, never.

too bad I have to pay for the stupidity of a minority everywhere...
fortunately there's a flip side to this. By respecting people with non-agressive riding and no loud pipes when traveling, people aren't used to it so they are friendly and helpful.

:762: Spot on!

Online Swanny

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 08:57:24 AM
Neox it's a well known fact that some people are arseholes and don't like bikers

You are part of something and whether you like it or not you will be judged by those narrow minded sad little people.
If you don't like it, don't ride a bike  :028:

There is a lady busker in Bath who sings Opera. I'm sure she's very good at it as people pay her money, but to me Opera singing sounds terrible. I absolutely hate the sound of it. In my opinion it's even worse than Punk music.
But because I'm not an arsehole I don't complain I just move on  :158:
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline CBRDEAN0

• CB500X Member
Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 09:33:39 AM
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
Neox it's a well known fact that some people are arseholes and don't like bikers

You are part of something and whether you like it or not you will be judged by those narrow minded sad little people.
If you don't like it, don't ride a bike  :028:

There is a lady busker in Bath who sings Opera. I'm sure she's very good at it as people pay her money, but to me Opera singing sounds terrible. I absolutely hate the sound of it. In my opinion it's even worse than Punk music.
But because I'm not an arsehole I don't complain I just move on  :158:

Someone once said - the only difference between a nice sound and noise is an opinion.

Online Neox

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2016 cb500x
Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 11:19:23 AM
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]

It's a well known fact that some bikers are arseholes and don't like all the others.

It's true too :038:.

I just think it's a shame to give weapons to our opponents... :027:

Online Swanny

• CB500X Master
Reply #25 on: June 18, 2020, 04:26:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Neox [+]
It's a well known fact that some bikers are arseholes and don't like all the others.

It's true too :038:.

I just think it's a shame to give weapons to our opponents... :027:

They don't need weapons, they just dislike you because you chose to live a dangerous life style. They are too frightened to do so.
Sad little people, that have forgotten the joy of doing something just for fun  :008:

Live and let live.   :153:

Online Swanny

• CB500X Master
Reply #26 on: June 18, 2020, 08:41:33 PM
My 13 sounds very similar to this one

Sounds like a little piece of heaven to me, although my CBF600 sounded even more heavenly

Offline DandyDoug

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Reply #27 on: July 13, 2020, 11:45:47 PM
 Nice video, I have not been to a track day yet since I returned to riding.
We have a nice track not too far from where I live in North Carolina.
The track is Virginia International Raceway.
I'll look into what's available there and see what requirements they have for race gear etc .
I don't want to invest in another set of leather's if I can get away without them.
Faster,faster,faster , until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Offline AJC500

• CB500X God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
Reply #28 on: August 01, 2020, 01:48:02 PM
I rode into Glasgow today, and found huge changes underway - they are closing access to George Square, removing parking around the square and surrounding roads, introducing bus gates and bus only lanes and generally obstructing access into the city from my side of Glasgow. 

Fortunately I'm not in Glasgow that often, but I do drive into George Square one evening a month to play guitar in a rehearsal room right at the square.  That's now going to be difficult, if not impossible, and I don't really want to be wandering around Glasgow at 10 o'clock at night trying to get a bus, with a guitar case on my back..... that's just an invitation to get a bump on the head!!

Add in more and more 20mph limits, reducing speed limits on A roads and reading about the introduction of a 'Dutch' roundabout in Cambridge which gives priority to cycle and pedestrian lanes and I'm beginning to reach a conclusion......

Fellow petrolheads, our days are numbered.   :230:

The Story So Far.........
2017-2019: 12000mls recreational use - 89.73mpg UK; 74.72mpg US; 3.15litres/100km

Offline DandyDoug

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 03:46:34 PM
I think that is what is happening in many cities. Car , truck and bus congestion and no parking are the normal.

Faster,faster,faster , until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.