Author Topic: bark busters hitting screen  (Read 708 times)

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Re: bark busters hitting screen
Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 03:08:58 PM
*Originally Posted by crispenator [+]
Now now motorboy i know your jealous of my exceptional find and the ruppes i have saved on such an iquizid motor vehicle ,apart from a few minor glitches the master plan is coming together  :082:
I have been a bad boy :192:
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 cb500x
Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 03:12:15 AM
 :008:

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 08:11:42 AM
Hi all well after some deliberating and thought i realised the screen (standard ) was on the high setting ,so after work today i set about lowering it those little rubber grommets must go in a certain way as they have a raised section on them as i found out after chasing them all over the carport floor .Anyway i lowered the screen and low an behold the barkbusters are not hitting the screen and i can put the steering on full lock to lock it the wonders of thought process anyway juby mistake am now happy with the bark busters i fitted . I would imagine if you fitted an aftermarket screen the buses would probably have to be used but for now im happy with the standard screen.

Offline Cal

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 10:11:05 PM
The spacers also have the added benefit of reducing buffeting, I spaced my 2018 with a Givi screen out 1 inch!

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 03:10:31 AM
Hi cal i did buy some12 mm standoff spacers but unfortuntley they were to small in diameter and kept pushing the rubber grommets out of there alingment holes hence chasing them all over the carport when i put it back together i noticed the screen was on its highest setting thats when i decided to lower it and see what would happen i will in the future replace the screen and will attempt to space it out but for now it will do .

victorious-backstage