Author Topic: Water pump oil leak  (Read 475 times)

Offline Migueblues

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Re: Water pump oil leak
Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 11:39:08 PM
Actualization!!! 910km . Prior to service. Didnt clean the área AND looks like this. Looks like engine oil but doesnt seem ITS coming from weep hole :084:. Any suggestions?

Offline bogwheel

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 01:35:46 AM
My 2020 model has the same leak from new. (now with 900km)
Been waiting a month for warranty fix.
Think they said water pump weep hole seal??

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 02:53:26 PM
Looks to me like it's weeping from the bolt-if you can I would loosen the bolt and retighten it
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline 762x54

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 07:02:20 PM
My 2020 CB500X has had the same leak since it was new. Now at 1400 miles it hasn't gotten any worse but I will try to have it repaired before the warranty expires.

Bill

Offline Migueblues

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 11:40:37 PM
*Originally Posted by bogwheel [+]
My 2020 model has the same leak from new. (now with 900km)
Been waiting a month for warranty fix.
Think they said water pump weep hole seal??
Maybe! Thats the case seen most often! Do you have any pics to compare? I dont know if in my casé the oil comes from the weep hole!

Offline Migueblues

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 11:42:09 PM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
Looks to me like it's weeping from the bolt-if you can I would loosen the bolt and retighten it
It seems so! But is it possible for oil to leak from there,???

Offline 762x54

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 01:07:29 AM
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5e14b1e487a8660710451db4/water-pump

Here's a link to the exploded view of the Honda parts diagram. Number 10 is a sealing washer of the type on the oil pan drain plug. I suspect it is not sealing properly. Maybe additional tightening would cure the problem but if you over tighten
and break something the warranty will not cover the repair. It would be best to let the dealer correct the problem. It may
be that the 6mm bolt will not endure enough torque to deform the washer to ensure an adequate seal, in which case a
different type of washer will be needed.

Bill

Offline Migueblues

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 01:37:21 AM
*Originally Posted by 762x54 [+]
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5e14b1e487a8660710451db4/water-pump

Here's a link to the exploded view of the Honda parts diagram. Number 10 is a sealing washer of the type on the oil pan drain plug. I suspect it is not sealing properly. Maybe additional tightening would cure the problem but if you over tighten
and break something the warranty will not cover the repair. It would be best to let the dealer correct the problem. It may
be that the 6mm bolt will not endure enough torque to deform the washer to ensure an adequate seal, in which case a
different type of washer will be needed.

Bill
Thank you Bill! If you look a the pictures it seems that the Bolt that has the main leak Is number 9 on the Honda pump diagram AND the one with the metal seal Is number 8. ITS also leaking but not so much to form a drop like the one on number 9 Bolt.
Any one of you thinks that this Is not coming from the Water pump? Because it doesnt seem to me that Is coming from engine oring (number 11 part) neither weep hole...AND i Also think that if the oil comes from the Water pump gasket (number 3 part) the weep hole should be leaking like crazy. Open for suggestions! :152: