Author Topic: Bit of a problem  (Read 219 times)

denislordm, woody, Oyabun and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 cb500x
Bit of a problem
on: Yesterday at 11:14:34 AM
Hi all well took the other side panel of today when i was doing this 12 v plug ,anyway there is a small panel that runs along the side of the tank just a filler panel and in that there is a push pin fixing .Well i pushed the pin in and the last i saw of it ,dont know where it went but scoured the floor not to be seen so i dont know if it has fallen into the engine or another couling but it is gone .I have had a look on flee bay and dont really see any of the same types even though you have to 190 assorted types .Is this a genuine honda thingy as i only need one or does anyone have another suggestion .

Offline johnthebigadv

• CB500X Pro
Re: Bit of a problem
Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:08:46 PM

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:30:52 PM
Thanks mate but it is the peice in front of this i suppose you could call it a fairing

Offline ewryly

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 02:10:48 PM
Have you looked at BikeBandit's site to see if you can at least identify the part? 

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2020-honda-cb500x/o/m166609

Offline johnthebigadv

• CB500X Pro
Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:15:10 PM
Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:17:31 PM by johnthebigadv

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:50:42 PM
Hi guys i went to bike bandit site and have a part number90116-mcs-g00 rivet push is its correct name thanks for your help .My nearest dealer is 40km away and its raining like hell.

Offline ewryly

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
Reply #6 on: Today at 03:23:39 AM
*Originally Posted by crispenator [+]
Hi guys i went to bike bandit site and have a part number90116-mcs-g00 rivet push is its correct name thanks for your help .My nearest dealer is 40km away and its raining like hell.

I think you can get those a number of places, even Amazon.  Buy a few :).  My VFR seemed to be held together by them, and you had to remove a number to change the oil, so I was always losing or mutilating them.

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: Today at 06:43:42 AM
Hi all well i ordered 4 of them anyway from my honda dealer he had to get them in , i thought we will have a really good scour of the carport all the cracks ect anyway i saw something looked like a piece of twig but picked it up and hey presto there was the pin .I will still get the 4 i ordered as if it happens once it will happen again and there not expensive ,i would sooner buy from a dealer rather than a bulk lot of pins that you will never ever use

victorious-backstage