Author Topic: Front fender riser  (Read 713 times)

Offline rambrose

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: YBR125 & CB500X
Re: Front fender riser
Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 09:19:52 PM
No worries. If you're going extreme slacken the stanchion clamps and push the whole fork leg by the travel listed in https://www.cb500x.com/index.php?topic=8229.0
That way you'll know if the new fender height will catch anything.
Do I have to say don't leave it like this?  :084:
2017 CB500x ABS. RR Lvl1 forks. Fender extenders. Fr Fender riser. Honda centre stand. Oxford advanced pro touring heated grips. Barkbuster VPS guards. Bar riser. GPS bar. Zumo660. Take2 mirrors. Clip on screen deflector. Carbon light bar & spotlights. RR foot pegs. Rotopax fuel can. Rr led light repeaters. Givi Trekker 46Ltr top box, 33ltr panniers

Online Jonathan

• CB500X God
Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 04:15:59 AM
*Originally Posted by rambrose [+]

The lower bolt in the last pic didn't need a nut as the mount is threaded. The bolts I had available were too long so I put a nut on as a spare

Looks like a relatively straightforward job (without wishing to sound churlish). If memory serves, the original fender brace is an inverted U bracket to all intents and purposes. Would it be a simple task to make up an extended 'sleeve' to run up inside the original?

there's also a company in Italy who make custom fork braces to order. I was looking into it for another bike (Honda AX1) which needs some bracing. I was expecting the price to be ridiculous, but it worked out around 90...sounds like a fortune compared to a couple of Ali brackets but then it would add a significant amount of stiffness to the front end, which would be a bonus if you were planning to do a bit more off piste
Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:17:20 AM by Jonathan

Offline rambrose

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: YBR125 & CB500X
Reply #12 on: July 09, 2020, 08:20:02 AM
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
If memory serves, the original fender brace is an inverted U bracket to all intents and purposes. Would it be a simple task to make up an extended 'sleeve' to run up inside the original?

Not too sure what you mean. The brace can just be seen in the 3rd photo and the fender still attaches to it.
It's quite curved to follow the inside of the fender making it trickier to replicate with thicker material (Unless you have a roller).
That's if we're talking about the same thing.

Personally haven't felt the need for an extra brace but then consider myself a more sedate rider.
If I was going to make one I'd go up and over the outside of the fender using both the front and rear mounts on the fork leg. Again consider clearance when the forks compress.

There was a post about ditching the existing fender and attaching a dirt bike one under the beak
2017 CB500x ABS. RR Lvl1 forks. Fender extenders. Fr Fender riser. Honda centre stand. Oxford advanced pro touring heated grips. Barkbuster VPS guards. Bar riser. GPS bar. Zumo660. Take2 mirrors. Clip on screen deflector. Carbon light bar & spotlights. RR foot pegs. Rotopax fuel can. Rr led light repeaters. Givi Trekker 46Ltr top box, 33ltr panniers

Offline Oldhorse

• CB500X Member
Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 07:19:18 PM
I have a spare Rally Raid front fender brand new if you want it for more clearance.