Author Topic: 2019 Seat options  (Read 287 times)

Offline TCBronson

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
2019 Seat options
on: July 05, 2020, 06:19:55 PM
I like the stock seat on my 2019 X so far, but was wonder what else is available.  I know Seat Concepts has new foam and seat cover for around $200. Anybody have an outstandingly comfortable seat for long distance touring that they would highly recommend?
Thanks!

Online Jonathan

• CB500X God
Re: 2019 Seat options
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 03:48:20 AM
short of getting a custom made one to suit you, I don't think there's a 'one size suits all' seat off the peg. My arse usually goes to sleep after about two hours which is my cue to stop for a smoke, a leg stretch and a cup of tea.  :001:

I did find that a 'Cool Covers' mesh seatcover works wonders in the warmer seasons. It's also pretty good when it rains as it means you're not sitting in a puddle. They're quite pricey for what they are but on a hot day, the feeling of cool air around your nether regions is hard to put a price on :008: I'd say the Cool cover extended my fag breaks by at least an hour (so it's also good for my health!)

https://www.coolcovers.co.uk/

Offline TCBronson

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 05:16:42 AM
Those seat covers are very interesting, thanks!  I have a sheep skin gel seat pad that works pretty good in heat and cold.

No offense, but if you gave up smoking you would get a big pay raise! :155:

https://alaskaleather.com/collections/sheepskin-buttpads

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 06:57:38 AM
I bought my pal a cool cover seat pad for his Africa Twin last year at the Adventure bike show and he says it helps with the comfort and he used it until winter came..he removed it then as its cooling properties were too efficient...back on fir summer rides though
I am happy with the Seat Concepts foam and cover so far after only maybe 350 miles...they are an expensive option here in the UK at around 250.00.
I really did not like the original seat cover material but the comfort was ok.
 Had a local company not had the Seat Concepts one on the shelf from a cancelled order with a little money off I would have done what I have do e before and taken the seat to Bootleg Sears at Preston and had it slightly reshaped and a gel pad fitted with a grippier and thicker cover.
On a previous bike, an Urban GS, I bought a sheepskin seat pad from Motea and a separate gel pad that just happens to fit inside as there was a zip fitted as standard.
Just the sheepskin alone made all the difference and was even better with the gel pad.
I had used a gel pad in a cotton cover many years ago on my KTM 640 Adventurer for a European trip.That was before dedicated bike gel pads were around..this was from an equestrian store and intended for beneath a horse saddle...that saved my rear...for sure.