Author Topic: Honda Fog Light Switch  (Read 680 times)

Online Jamie Z

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 ABS
Honda Fog Light Switch
on: July 06, 2020, 06:58:20 PM
This is the factory switch which fits into the accessory hole in the middle of your dash. Honda part number: 08V04-MJP-G50A

I mistakenly ordered two of these from overseas.

Asking $50 shipped in the USA.

Offline JRW2007

• CB500X Member
Re: Honda Fog Light Switch
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 06:58:56 PM
so this fits in dash of 2019?  I am struggling to find it as accessory on Honda site.  What does it plug to?  Honda accessory light kit I cannot find either?  Not a fan of Honda's website.......  is it a lit switch?  I am planning to add my own LED drive lights and this might make a nicer looking install.  tHanks

Online Jamie Z

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 08:08:24 PM
I believe the switch is not available from Honda in North America. At least not that I could find. I had to order mine from Europe (thus the somewhat high asking price).

It looks like this in the dash:

Itís just a simple two-wire switch. SPST, if youíre into that sort of thing.

It does come with some sort of connector, but I cut it off and wired it straight into my auxiliary light circuit.

The switch is not lighted.

Offline CNRED

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500x
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 02:38:19 PM
If it's not sold, I'll take it.

Online Jamie Z

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 03:51:35 PM
Sold!

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 11:02:18 PM
Ruggybuggy may have one for sale soon as the first one I sent several weeks ago has just arrived,I sent a second one in case the first one did not arrive,that has not arrived yet.

Offline zoomnad

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2020 CB500Xabs
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 11:04:03 AM
Hey Jamie Z, is it a direct fit, screws and all? Also, was it very hard to do? How many fairing parts did you have the take off? So many questions so little time! I hate when Honda makes the hole for the switch but no replacement for said hole. I hate to say this but Europe gets better Honda parts and bikes than the USA! And I work at a Honda Dealership in sales part time.
Thanks,
zoomnad 
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

Online Jamie Z

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 09:28:59 PM
*Originally Posted by zoomnad [+]
Hey Jamie Z, is it a direct fit, screws and all? Also, was it very hard to do? How many fairing parts did you have the take off? So many questions so little time! I hate when Honda makes the hole for the switch but no replacement for said hole. I hate to say this but Europe gets better Honda parts and bikes than the USA! And I work at a Honda Dealership in sales part time.
Thanks,
zoomnad
Mine is a 2019. Not sure if the earlier bikes are the same.

To install the switch you only need to remove the speedometer with a couple of screws... but that won't help you with wiring anything under the fairing.

The switch came with the proper screws and fits that hole perfectly. You'll have to cut a couple of tabs to remove the blank.

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 05:04:02 AM
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]
Ruggybuggy may have one for sale soon as the first one I sent several weeks ago has just arrived,I sent a second one in case the first one did not arrive,that has not arrived yet.

Still waiting for the second one to arrive.  I realize now why it took so long to get here, it came by boat.  As soon as it gets here it will be up for sale to US and Canadian buyers. 

Just got the first switch installed.

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 06:23:48 AM
That's really strange that it would come via a boat as I sent via the same method I have sent gear to my cousin in Portland and that goes via air...there was no choice and just the same with some model jet boat stuff I have sent to another USA address and even to some small place in Peru ! All get there in around  ten days.
I have no idea why Canada is any different, it's not like there was an option.
I recall years ago there used to be an option offered by the Post Office but for up to 2KG from here it all goes via air and that was as you know..a fraction of that weight.
I had a full stainless exhaust for a Triumph Scrambler sent to me from Portland and it was here in around two weeks.
I can only think it has something to do do with the way things are handled due to Covid restrictions.
I'm getting stuff from China much quicker.

victorious-backstage