Author Topic: lowering link 2015  (Read 760 times)

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 cb500x
Re: lowering link 2015
Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 11:55:50 AM
Well the plates arrived today and fitted them a bit of a pain but not to bad i did look at if you might be right motorboy but the holes are in a  different place ,anyway another peice of gear to go into the box of things removed or replaced , will fel a little more at ease now i can flat foot this thing at the lights . Also fited a small universal wind deflector dont know if it will do anything but worth a try .

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 12:05:01 PM
I guess that depends on the year of your bike as the 19MY links from Lust Racing are just the dog bones..no amount or switching those around is going to change the ride height.
RR offer the best value and quality links in my opinion...about a third of the cost of Lust units...

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 10:18:24 AM
Well managed to get out today for a short ride to try out the lowering plates and could not be happier ,pull up at the lights and flat foot makes me feel a lot more confident coming to a stop .   

Offline liberator

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500Xa
Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 10:40:18 AM
*Originally Posted by crispenator [+]
, i would be sure to say they put them through tests to make sure they were suitable and strong enough to take the rigours of supporting the shock and associated parts so no i will not be moving them about for the sake of saving a couple of bucks and anyone who would do that i will call an idiot .

Well then there are a lot of idiots on this forum then, myself included. I read the many posts on here about the plate switcharoo and did it myself at no cost other than my time and got the same results that most get by spending $$$ on a lowering link. I'm still using existing OEM Honda parts to lower the bike and not aftermarket parts and can now flatfoot when stationary and I'm a short arse.

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 02:23:58 PM
Well i dont know i played around with the plates and could not get any of the holes to line up properly ,the lust product came marked on the way to install it and with a set of instructions as to how far the forks are supposed to go through the top yoke between 14 and 17 mm now the forks are at standard height supposed to protrude through the top yoke 6mm so 6 +17 makes 23 mm which is what i set them at and conccured with another who"s wife has the same kit on her 500x , to me  it doesn't really matter how many $$$ i spent i have the correct part and its fitted the way it is supposed to be rather than guestemating if i have done it right or not .   

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 03:41:38 PM
kinda sounds like a lot to pull the forks up but if the manufacturer said to do it well thats it-you might want to put a wire tie on one fork just so you can tell how compressed the fork gets -sure don't want front fender banging into the radiator
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike