Author Topic: New Prospect.  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Rally Raid

• Approved Forum Vendor
  • CB500X Member
Re: New Prospect.
Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 02:41:29 PM
 The spacer tube can drop slightly during transit and you would only need a large screwdriver or a small round bar to align it in order that you can insert the wheel into the frame. Once the axle is tightened   Fully then it will compress the bearings onto the tube so that when the wheel is removed next time it will stay in the centre

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 03:29:05 PM
*Originally Posted by Rally Raid [+]
The spacer tube can drop slightly during transit and you would only need a large screwdriver or a small round bar to align it in order that you can insert the wheel into the frame. Once the axle is tightened   Fully then it will compress the bearings onto the tube so that when the wheel is removed next time it will stay in the centre
Thanks. Jenny answered my question over on ADV. My post isn't a criticism, just an observation of something I hadn't experienced. The wheels are really nice.

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Re: New Prospect
Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:35 AM
Almost there... but a few little adds and changes, Iíd have a hoolie, and leave the project here.

If youíre on the fence about upgrading to RRL2, I have to say itís worth it. Working alone as an internet-trained mechanic has its challenges, but thereís a lot more I now know about this bike. After putting the plastic back on, next job is to figure out this fancy suspension (another Juan vid). As usual, thanks for your help Jenny.

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Re: New Prospect. Done.
Reply #23 on: August 06, 2020, 02:58:51 AM
I've finished my Rally Raid Level 2, and having a case of upgrade-remorse :) meaning, now WTF am I going to do? Now I'm off to visit some forest service roads. Before and after shown below.

All that I need to do now is dial in the suspension - by all reports could take a lifetime, so there's that to keep me occupied. I've left everything at factory settings, and just set the preload adjuster to half way for now... sag to follow.

Thanks again to Jenny for all advice and tips.

Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:30:37 AM by Twempie

Offline 32dgrz

• CB500X Member
Reply #24 on: August 06, 2020, 03:20:48 AM
Looks great

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #25 on: August 06, 2020, 03:27:03 AM
*Originally Posted by 32dgrz [+]
Looks great

Thank you. Other than the mechanical upgrades, I think Rally Raid aesthetics make the bike look a lot better.

Offline 32dgrz

• CB500X Member
Reply #26 on: August 06, 2020, 03:36:09 AM
I do like the turn signal upgrade to LED. It wasnít hard

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #27 on: August 06, 2020, 03:50:47 AM
*Originally Posted by 32dgrz [+]
I do like the turn signal upgrade to LED. It wasnít hard

Yes, but I've spent enough money for now. I was recently laid off, so some goodies will have to wait.