Author Topic: Riding pants for short riders  (Read 448 times)

Offline Borsato

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Riding pants for short riders
on: July 11, 2020, 10:48:55 PM
Been looking for fav pants with a 30Ē inseam and where the knee pads are on my knees. Best Iíve found was Hawk pants on amazon. Would like better quality. Any suggestions? Donít want stupid expensive just reasonable price. Who makes pants with 30Ē legs or less?

Online Jamie Z

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2019 ABS
Re: Riding pants for short riders
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 11:32:14 PM
My Olympia pants have a 6-inch section on the bottom which you can hem. I believe Olympia does this on all or most of their pants. Also, the knee armor is adjustable. That may work for you.

Offline Swanny

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 12:21:57 PM
In England we wear our pants underneath our trousers and they certainly don't have knee pads fitted   :008:
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline Marv_

• CB500X Pro
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 06:34:01 PM
I find armour which sits in the pouches in trousers never stays in the right place. Changed over to dedicated knee protectors which secure by Velcro. Much better you and can worry a little less about the leg length of your motorcycle trousers.

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 11:43:12 PM
Companies just dont really cater for us short legged creatures, especially if the waist is anything over 32"...Knee armour   in riding pants never sit in the right place and more often than not will just rotate and not protect the knee.
I gave up and on fabric pants and just wear a separate knee pad under the pants and remove whatever is provided with the pants...
I have even gone back to wearing leather pants in dry weather as some companies do cater for short legs in leather pants...JTS here in the UK do.
Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:44:29 PM by Oyley

Online Jonathan

• CB500X God
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 09:16:34 AM
*Originally Posted by Borsato [+]
Been looking for fav pants with a 30” inseam and where the knee pads are on my knees. Best I’ve found was Hawk pants on amazon. Would like better quality. Any suggestions? Don’t want stupid expensive just reasonable price. Who makes pants with 30” legs or less?

Dainese do loads of waist/leg combinations. Depends on what you call 'stupid expensive' and what sort of quality/protection/ life expectancy you expect. For touring I have a pair of Dainese 'Galvestons'. They've been good value and very comfortable, but in a hot country I'd be looking for something with better venting.
Personally, if money is the chief concern I'd always look to buy top quality secondhand, rather than new. you'll get a much better product for around the same price. Also, there are plenty of motorcyclists who tend to upgrade on a seasonal basis, whether their gear is shot or not, so there are bargains to be had if you're prepared to look
Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:23:58 AM by Jonathan

Offline DHCBX

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500X 20MY
Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 04:21:35 PM
*Originally Posted by Borsato [+]
Been looking for fav pants with a 30Ē inseam and where the knee pads are on my knees. Best Iíve found was Hawk pants on amazon. Would like better quality. Any suggestions? Donít want stupid expensive just reasonable price. Who makes pants with 30Ē legs or less?

Suggest you look for or try RST - they do short leg variants in their Paragon range.