Author Topic: Honda CB500X killer?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Prestone

• CB500X Member
  • bikes, boobs and guns, what more do i need
  • Bike: CB500X/ZRX1200R
Re: Honda CB500X killer?
Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 03:52:21 PM
That looks like a pretty cool bike, i like the wheels a lot 😊

The big 4 should watch out, the Chinamen are getting good at making bikes! By accident i got my hands on a left over and very cheap XY250GY-2 enduro bike, that is one capable little thing with some damn good suspension from taiwan called Fastace.

I ride in the woods with some guys on Yamahas hondas husabergs and ktms and my little and very cheap chinese bike is givin them a run for their money, it dosent have much power, 18KW, but it takes a beating over and over and over again. Nothing has broken on the last 3000km of hard trail riding, which is quite impressive compared to some of the expensive ktms

Offline DandyDoug

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 04:29:28 PM
I remember reading something several years ago about Honda selling older machine tools and tooling to the Chinese.

I can only surmise that they felt the Chinese were so far behind that it would be ok if they made copies of Honda machines for their internal use.

At the time that might have been a good business decision , the country had not yet adapted any of the business models of a free enterprise system.

Not so any longer , they have a foot in the door and are getting ready to kick some serious ass in the manufacturing sector.

I'm old enough to have lived through the times when anything Japanese was considered sub-par or of poor quality to American and European standards.
I left the USA ( Detroit) in 1960 and did not return until 1967, The whole automobile sector had shifted or was beginning to accept Japanese cars and consumer goods. Honda motorcycles were so cheaply made they were almost throw away items. They paid attention and we all know the rest of that story.
Faster,faster,faster , until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Offline Mikey66

• CB500X Member
Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 05:00:39 PM
I know that I am new to this forum, and if anyone finds my post offensive or it violates any forum rules please delete it:

I try to buy as little of Chinese made products as possible (not easy these days). I grew up behind the iron curtain, and have experienced a brutal communist regime at first hand. Lot of people do not understand this concept, but this to me it is akin to buying German products in the late 30’s.

I am sorry, but someone had to point out the obvious.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke
Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:22:12 PM by Mikey66

Offline DandyDoug

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 06:52:09 PM
Hey there Mikey66 ,

I can understand your reluctance to buying anything made in a" not yet" freedom place.

I spent a lot of time in international business and did a consulting project in Warsaw right after the wall came down.
It was difficult to say the least, but you know so I don't need to go into detail.
Hope all this covid stuff get's done with and we can all ride and meet new people .
Faster,faster,faster , until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Offline Mikey66

• CB500X Member
Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 09:15:34 PM
*Originally Posted by DandyDoug [+]
a" not yet" freedom place.
Refreshing optimism, now that is the ideal we should all be striving for!
Ride safe Doug

Online Jonathan

• CB500X God
Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 08:47:35 AM
*Originally Posted by Mikey66 [+]
I know that I am new to this forum, and if anyone finds my post offensive or it violates any forum rules please delete it:

I try to buy as little of Chinese made products as possible (not easy these days). I grew up behind the iron curtain, and have experienced a brutal communist regime at first hand. Lot of people do not understand this concept, but this to me it is akin to buying German products in the late 30’s.

I am sorry, but someone had to point out the obvious.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke

I think when you drill down into most 'isms', you'll find aspects that are pretty unpalatable. Free market capitalism is equally brutal, it's just that the beneficiaries rarely see the hidden cost, as they tend to be off shored these days. China has an appalling human rights record, according to most observers, but the majority of those observers hail from 'democratic' countries whose wealth was built on international treachery, slavery and gross exploitation. The sad truth is, as a species, we can be pretty nasty one way or another.
Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:54:34 AM by Jonathan

Online Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 09:28:35 AM
Too may differences for those to be the same bikes.

Online zoomnad

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2020 CB500Xabs
Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 04:09:12 PM
By the China gets a world wide distributing system, dealers everywhere, AND the quality of Honda products we will all be dead! In other words, ain't going to happen, not enough money in it. Remember, Honda makes automobiles where the REAL money is.   
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

Offline Mikey66

• CB500X Member
Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 05:14:39 PM
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
I think when you drill down into most 'isms', you'll find aspects that are pretty unpalatable. Free market capitalism is equally brutal, it's just that the beneficiaries rarely see the hidden cost, as they tend to be off shored these days. China has an appalling human rights record, according to most observers, but the majority of those observers hail from 'democratic' countries whose wealth was built on international treachery, slavery and gross exploitation. The sad truth is, as a species, we can be pretty nasty one way or another.

I respectfully disagree. And my opinion is based on personal first hand experience.

Offline AJC500

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
Reply #19 on: July 24, 2020, 08:45:33 AM
The Story So Far.........
2017-2019: 12000mls recreational use - 89.73mpg UK; 74.72mpg US; 3.15litres/100km