Author Topic: Seat Concepts, or what else?  (Read 869 times)

Offline HarrySeaward

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
Re: Seat Concepts, or what else?
Reply #10 on: August 02, 2020, 05:57:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy [+]
Here's a picture of my Seat Concepts standard seat.  Its dishes at the back and the gripper material keeps you planted. 

How do find it compares in comfort with the stock saddle? I'm always on the edge of buying one of those, but it seems like opinions are split down the middle whether they are better or worse than OEM.

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #11 on: August 02, 2020, 06:31:49 PM
*Originally Posted by HarrySeaward [+]
How do find it compares in comfort with the stock saddle? I'm always on the edge of buying one of those, but it seems like opinions are split down the middle whether they are better or worse than OEM.

There are many different types of asses out there so I dont like to give opinions.  I will tell you that it looks great and I do like it.

Offline Topo

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
Reply #12 on: August 02, 2020, 06:54:27 PM
That looks pretty nice. Is it their “comfort” model? Would you say it keeps you from sliding forward? Thanks

Here's a picture of my Seat Concepts standard seat.  Its dishes at the back and the gripper material keeps you planted. 

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 07:13:44 PM
*Originally Posted by Topo [+]
That looks pretty nice. Is it their “comfort” model? Would you say it keeps you from sliding forward? Thanks

They have two different style with two different seat materials.  The one I have is the standard with the gripper material on the top.  I definitely holds you in position without any sliding forward.  You can get a raised seat which increases the foam thickness by 1 3/4" but not recommended if you like your feet in the same position on the ground.  I've had three of their seats.  The first seat I got didnt have the gripper material and I ended up buying another cover with the gripper material.

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 07:27:13 PM
That's the one I have...expensive in uk but I like it .fitted a geated pad but not connected it yet
I do prefer the grippy surface, saves my nuts

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 08:46:20 PM
What heated pad did you use and how do you control it?

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 09:10:22 PM
Same as on Amazon under 'motorcycle heated seat pad' its red and comes with quite a good wiring loom including switch and relay..has battery ring terminals.I may change the switch to bar mounted as its panel mount as standard..not sure yet as it could fit on R/H side opposite the Honda 12v outlet
Loom splits with plugs for ease if wiring and has carbon fibre heating  elements.
Two heat settings..think around 10w on low and up to 30w on high.
It fits nicely under the Seat Concepts cover..lengthways with the hole at the front for the cable.
I used a quick spray of high temp spray adhesive and it came with two lengths of self adhesive foil tape...one for each end.
H&V foil tape should also work..looks just the same.
It's a bit thicker where the cable exits the pad but that just fits under the ribbed section of the Seat Concepts cover
So not noticeable at all.
They cost around 12 GBP or less
Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 09:12:42 PM by Oyley

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 10:08:04 PM

Found it but they want $40cdn in Canada.  $24 for the heater and $15 for shipping,wtf.  How well does the heat make it through the seat?

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
Reply #18 on: August 02, 2020, 10:11:12 PM
I have  not tried it yet but I could connect it temporary this week sometime and see how it is with the thicker Seat Concepts cover if you wish?

Online Jamie Z

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2019 ABS
Reply #19 on: August 02, 2020, 10:54:09 PM
What heated pad did you use and how do you control it?
Here's what I bought.

Like Oyley, mine comes with wiring, battery leads, switch, relay. I don't plan to use any of that, as I have a fuse block under my seat.

I haven't installed this one (three week lead time on Seat Concepts) but on my last bike I installed a heating element I took out of a cheap Walmart heated car seat cover, and it worked quite well. I expect this one, made specifically for motorcycles and having a good controller, will work better.

Jamie

victorious-backstage