Author Topic: Hello from... Our adventure in Morocco!!  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Str3tch

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Hello from... Our adventure in Morocco!!
on: May 07, 2014, 06:23:32 PM
Hey all,

So it's customary to introduce ourselves.. However it's my girlfriend's bike which is a 500X, but I'm the forum freak, so I'll be talking on her behalf! 

We're from Australia, and are currently on a world tour. On our agenda is a European and morocco road trip on motorbikes... We bought the 500X in the UK in March, along with my bike (Transalp 700). The 500X is a perfect bike for Casper (my gf), as she learnt to ride only last year, specifically for this trip! So we needed a bike which was not too heavy, where her feet could touch the ground, yet had that 'adventure' feel a could handle a trip to morocco :)

We've been on the road for 4 weeks now, 2 of which are in morocco. We have another 4 weeks of fun left :)

We kitted out the X with sw-motech crash bars and bash plate, and a givi top box, and we have sling over Oxford soft panniers. The bike's name is Lucy :)

Lucy's doing great. Even the Scorpian Trail tyres which everyone seems to say are just pure road tyres (well, in fact they pretty much are) - but actually are handling the dirt roads here in morocco just fine!

Attached some piccies of our most recent excursion off road!!

I've come across this forum as actually last night after some heavy rain, the turn indicator jams on to the right, regardless of pressing the switch ( actually, pushing the switch to the right turns the indicator off - any other direction makes the right indicator come on!). But I'll post in a different section about that. I've tried wd40, so now it's onto taking the switch apart and trying to clean the contacts :)

Anyhoo, hello everyone, I'll post more about Lucy's adventures soon!

Stretch

Offline Cam

• CB500X God
  • Bike: Black CB500x
Re: Hello from... Our adventure in Morocco!!
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:12:20 PM
G'day mate!  Great post and pics, nice looking bikes and what an ADVENTURE!  :152:

So we met Lucy, but what is you bike called?  :001:

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your ride.  Enjoy it, what an awesome time  :821:

victorious-backstage