Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Goofy fuel warning?  (Read 9491 times)

Offline micksing

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Armidale
Re: Goofy fuel warning?
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 04:49:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
I do the same except every 200 miles, but with all the cool gizmo's in our speedometers it a shame they don't work better..
yes & I hav'nt seen 2 fuel guages read the same yet , I love my technology but have come to learn not to rely on it

Offline TheWalkman

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 XA
  • City / Town: Richmond, VA
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 04:59:02 AM »
Last tank, my gauge started flashing around 255 miles.  I drove another 10 to get to my neighborhood gas station.  The bike took 3.775 gallons.

I haven't pushed this to the point where I've run the X dry, but my estimations, based on 72 mpg (which I'm averaging after 4000 miles) is that I have fifty miles on the reserve tank to find a gas station. 

More than fifty and I better start looking  for a cab!

:720:

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500-x black
  • City / Town: chok chai
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »
 As I cannot ride at the moment my x does 10mpg :435: the wifes riding it every day wants money for gas and she moans I spend to much on beer ha ha

Offline RoryD

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Nairn
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2019, 09:52:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Maelzer [+]
Already pushing my luck on a ride back home I just clicked / flashed over to 0.8 on the fuel reserve. Normally I never let it go below 0.5 before a fill up. But thinking the limit max was 1.0 and with only a few miles away from my local / favourite petrol station (i.e somewhere where I can collect Tesco club card points) I thought I would easily make it... Within a minute of hitting 0.8 my bike started to judder and the power just went!

I've tended to get concerned when it starts flashing much faster @ "0.3 gall" - and have never gone beyond "0.5" - without really knowing what the figures actually meant! So thanks to the forum for all the explanations (manual's not clear) - and to you for running her dry on our behalf. Your 0.8 gall run-dry suggests it's US galls for the notional reserve - manual says 0.74g US galls reserve.

Recent Topics