Author Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX  (Read 744 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

  • Online ashwinbala   in

    • CB500X Newbie  ‐    9
    • *
    • Topic Author

    Online ashwinbala

    • CB500X Newbie
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 9
    • Country: in
    Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    on: February 10, 2024, 12:39:14 pm
    February 10, 2024, 12:39:14 pm
    Hi,

    Is there a place that sells the fully adjustable - compression , rebound and damping rear suspension for the recently launched 500NX . I assume the 2023 CB 500 X version will fit the NX 500 one

    Ashwin

  • Offline Samsgrandad   gb

    • CB500X Pro  ‐    235
    • ***
      #1

    Offline Samsgrandad

    • CB500X Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 235
    • Country: gb
    Re: Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 04:37:45 pm
    February 10, 2024, 04:37:45 pm
    I suggest you drop Ohlins an email and ask them if they have developed one nd where you can get it.

  • Online ashwinbala   in

    • CB500X Newbie  ‐    9
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Online ashwinbala

    • CB500X Newbie
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 9
    • Country: in
    Re: Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 06:46:56 pm
    February 10, 2024, 06:46:56 pm
    Hi!

    Thanks i will do! They have the HO 916 for the 2019-2020 version and another version for 2020 through 2023. This version doesn’t have compression adjustments, just rebound and damping

    Will mail them. Thanks for the response!

    Ashwin

  • Offline JMo   us

    • CB500X God-zilla  ‐    2123
    • *****
      #3

    Offline JMo

    • CB500X God-zilla
    • *****
    • Posts: 2123
    • Bike: CB500X RRL2
    • Country: us
    Re: Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 07:24:52 pm
    February 10, 2024, 07:24:52 pm
    Rally Raid Products - their LEVEL 2 suspension offers all of that, plus the option of a remote preload adjuster and more travel (170mm both ends).

    Jx

  • Online ashwinbala   in

    • CB500X Newbie  ‐    9
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Online ashwinbala

    • CB500X Newbie
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 9
    • Country: in
    Re: Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 03:46:26 am
    February 11, 2024, 03:46:26 am
    Hi!

    Thanks’! How are rally raid products compared to ohlins?

    I had YSS on my previous bike and i really yearn for the ohlins :)

    I see two options . There is a HO 916 for CB 500X from 2019 to 2020 which fully adjustable for compression damping and rebound and i also see the HO 216 which is for 2021-2023 models which has adjustability for only damping and rebound

    On paper the HO 916 should for the NX 500 because afaik, they have not tinkered with that part of the bike

    But yeah, someone who know this exactly and their inputs will be invaluable

  • Online ashwinbala   in

    • CB500X Newbie  ‐    9
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #5

    Online ashwinbala

    • CB500X Newbie
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 9
    • Country: in
    Re: Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 05:50:16 am
    February 23, 2024, 05:50:16 am
    *Originally Posted by JMo [+]
    Rally Raid Products - their LEVEL 2 suspension offers all of that, plus the option of a remote preload adjuster and more travel (170mm both ends).

    Jx

    How is the rally raid compared to Ohlins? My use will be 100% road and I am looking at a fully adjustable one. Currently the ohlins is adjustable only for preload and rebound. Is the rally raid quality as good as Ohlins?

  • Offline JMo   us

    • CB500X God-zilla  ‐    2123
    • *****
      #6

    Offline JMo

    • CB500X God-zilla
    • *****
    • Posts: 2123
    • Bike: CB500X RRL2
    • Country: us
    Re: Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 06:11:46 am
    February 23, 2024, 06:11:46 am
    *Originally Posted by ashwinbala [+]
    How is the rally raid compared to Ohlins? My use will be 100% road and I am looking at a fully adjustable one. Currently the ohlins is adjustable only for preload and rebound. Is the rally raid quality as good as Ohlins?

    Ohlins make excellent suspension - although the model/s for the CB500X are not as high-end as some of their other products, being aimed as a quality upgrade in Asian markets for what is still ostensibly a budget bike...

    The Rally Raid shocks were designed specifically for the CB (Rally Raid only concentrate on a handful of bikes, with specific products for each) and are manufactured by TracTive in Holland who are a premium manufacturer of high performance road and race motorcycle and auto suspension - google them for more info about their various innovations with regard to active suspension etc. for info. a number of the TracTive designers and engineers used to work for WP, before they were bought out by the Pierer Mobility Group.

    I'm not familiar with what options available from Ohlins, but certainly with Rally Raid they offer a range of spring rates, the option of a hydraulic remote preload adjuster, and excellent build quality - and I trust you'd be very happy with the Rally Raid option.

    Jx

  • Online ashwinbala   in

    • CB500X Newbie  ‐    9
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Online ashwinbala

    • CB500X Newbie
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 9
    • Country: in
    Re: Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 04:24:16 am
    February 24, 2024, 04:24:16 am
    *Originally Posted by JMo [+]
    Ohlins make excellent suspension - although the model/s for the CB500X are not as high-end as some of their other products, being aimed as a quality upgrade in Asian markets for what is still ostensibly a budget bike...

    The Rally Raid shocks were designed specifically for the CB (Rally Raid only concentrate on a handful of bikes, with specific products for each) and are manufactured by TracTive in Holland who are a premium manufacturer of high performance road and race motorcycle and auto suspension - google them for more info about their various innovations with regard to active suspension etc. for info. a number of the TracTive designers and engineers used to work for WP, before they were bought out by the Pierer Mobility Group.

    I'm not familiar with what options available from Ohlins, but certainly with Rally Raid they offer a range of spring rates, the option of a hydraulic remote preload adjuster, and excellent build quality - and I trust you'd be very happy with the Rally Raid option.

    Jx

    Hi, thanks for the clarification

    I think their level 1 upgrade for the CB 500X 2022+ will work for the NX 500. I don't plan to take this off road so I think Level 1 should suit me well. On their website, Level 1 is mentioned as collaboration with tractive whereas level 2 says it is manufactured by tractive.

    That brings me to the question - Is the level 1 also made by Tractive. If I am going to pay big bucks for the Level 1, will be comforting to know that it is indeed made by Tractive

  • Offline JMo   us

    • CB500X God-zilla  ‐    2123
    • *****
      #8

    Offline JMo

    • CB500X God-zilla
    • *****
    • Posts: 2123
    • Bike: CB500X RRL2
    • Country: us
    Re: Fully adjustable Ohlins rear suspension for the 500NX
    Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 04:59:14 am
    February 24, 2024, 04:59:14 am
    *Originally Posted by ashwinbala [+]
    Hi, thanks for the clarification

    I think their level 1 upgrade for the CB 500X 2022+ will work for the NX 500. I don't plan to take this off road so I think Level 1 should suit me well. On their website, Level 1 is mentioned as collaboration with tractive whereas level 2 says it is manufactured by tractive.

    That brings me to the question - Is the level 1 also made by Tractive. If I am going to pay big bucks for the Level 1, will be comforting to know that it is indeed made by Tractive

    Yes, both Level 1 and Level 2 CB suspension was developed in conjunction with, and are manufactured by TracTive.

    Rally Raid have worked with TracTive in partnership ever since they developed their KTM 690 Rally and Extreme shocks [in 2009], and similarly the CB range of suspension (along with the subsequent G310GS and CRF300L) is exclusively made by TracTive for Rally Raid, since they have the facilities for volume production.

    Jx

    for info. if you were not fully aware, the Level 1 shock (and fork kit) retains the standard travel, while the Level 2 shock and fork kit offers an increase in both front and rear travel to 170mm... The fork kits are essentially the same, just with longer internals for the L2 option, while the L2 shock features a remote reservoir with individual high and low speed compression adjusters, together with a separate rebound damping adjuster - while the L1 shock uses a combined (proportional) damping adjuster for both rebound and compression.

    In addition, either shock can be fitted with their optional hydraulic remote preload adjuster, which is useful if you regularly swap between riding solo and more heavily laden with luggage and/or a passenger - since the shock on these bikes is kind of buried under the seat and access is further restricted by the ABS pump housing too.