Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 17t front sprocket?  (Read 13858 times)

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500-x black
  • City / Town: chok chai
Re: 17t front sprocket?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 05:19:35 AM »
grnd0   one word SAD: :112:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:21:13 AM by crazy doctor »

Offline ProDigit

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Rebel 250
  • City / Town: Miami
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 09:14:37 AM »
I see I hit a nerve with some men in their mid-life crisis.
Can't really figure out if they're really there, or just teenagers trying to act tough (usually a sign of being intimidated; retaliation often is; especially retaliation towards people that haven't even looked at their direction, or spoken a word to them).

I guess they have nothing else to say, than talk trash all day about other members.

What's your problem for me posting some of my findings on this thread???

Offline grnd0

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 CB500X
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 01:40:33 PM »
Problem is, you don't have this bike and you don't know what
you're talking about. If you have a Rebel 250, why aren't you
on those forums??? Let me guess, they chased you away for
talking the same crap.   

Offline jsonder

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Green Valley, AZ
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 01:41:20 PM »
ProDigit:

There are too many novice riders reading this forum to let you expound upon things that you haven't done and only know theoretically.  Your lack of knowledge about the compression ratios of the Honda Rebel and the Suzuki TU250X, and your calling the Rebels parallel twin a "racing engine" pretty much showed everyone that experience was mostly from reading the gearing commander web page.

I've put about 2300 miles on the CB500X despite some surgery limitations; roughly half of your total Rebel mileage.  I personally like the stock gearing on the bike for the speeds that I enjoy traveling.  Because this is a "square" engine, it does have reasonable torque along with a less vigorous red-line engine speed.  That helps explain the good gas mileage.  The engine can still be lugged by excessively early up shifting or over gearing. 

I repeat the question "Do you own a CB500X or not"?  Newbies need to know what your experimental background is for all the "expertise" you are providing. 

P.S.  I had put 12000 miles on my 2001 Rebel before I replaced it with the 1989 NX250, which I rode for a bit over 23500 miles before getting the CB500XA in order to have ABS for my aged reflexes.  Oh, and I've ridden the trail bike over 13000 miles in the past 5 years, despite breaking a clavicle playing with it in deep sand with narrow arroyo walls.  I have ridden what I speak about.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:36:51 AM by jsonder »
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »
 pro digit you are known as as the village idiot on a another  forum  so just  stop acting stupid and go and buy a 500x  and learn some sense and stop this crap and you might gain some respect.

Offline billyedtimmy

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X & VT750
  • City / Town: Duncan, BC
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
 :435:

If I may interject here without bias in an argument that obviously has some history that I'm unaware of...

ProDigit, I think the point being made here is that the typical workings of any motorcycle forum heavily favour the exchange of firsthand information. While there's certainly a time and place for theorizing, it's easily overdone in this kind of setting if not readily tied to real-world experiences. Most of us who have been riding for more than a few months are familiar with gearingcommander, fuelly, & cycle-ergo dot coms, and thus regurgitation of the information therein can become tedious, especially taken to extremes (e.g., "When you would plug in a 17/37T setup, you'll end up with a double overdrive. 4th gear top speed." - I cannot fathom anyone going to such lengths to essentially eviscerate one's transmission by 1/3rd).

While I don't believe it essential to own a CB500X to contribute on this forum, I think said contribution will be necessarily limited by a lack of firsthand experience. As such, what's holding you back?  You obviously recognize a good bike for what it is. The Rebel is nice in it's own way as well, but the CB500 series is hands-down better overall. Time for an upgrade.  :001:

Just my 2 cents.

Offline ProDigit

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Rebel 250
  • City / Town: Miami
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2014, 01:02:53 AM »
Either way, just ignoring the forum bullies (probably they have no life, or they might actually find that bullying doesn't make them popular), many of my "unproven theories" have been proven to be true.
Some members have taken my advise and have been happy with a double overdrive, and posted their results on this forum, and others.

The 500 is a good bike, although I don't like my knees to hit the tank, I have a 34in inseam, am 6'3", and the bike is about 2 to 3 in too short for me.
Other than that, it has great specs, much better than my rebel.

Offline billyedtimmy

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X & VT750
  • City / Town: Duncan, BC
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2014, 01:23:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by ProDigit [+]
The 500 is a good bike, although I don't like my knees to hit the tank, I have a 34in inseam, am 6'3", and the bike is about 2 to 3 in too short for me.
Other than that, it has great specs, much better than my rebel.

I'm surprised that the CB feels too short yet the Rebel not?

If you haven't test-ridden a V-Strom (either displacement size), you owe to yourself to do so. The extra height sounds like it'd be just right for your height.

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2014, 01:44:37 AM »
Prodigit I am 6ft 4in and have no problem riding the 500x . many members on this forum are taller and ride the x so that's not an excuse not to buy one. And please note I am not a bullie and I have a great life. and don't bore people to death. have a nice day . :001:

Offline grnd0

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 CB500X
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2014, 02:11:11 AM »
Hey PD, what's with the bullying and no life comments. If
you feel like your being bullied, you do have issues.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage