Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.  (Read 108921 times)

fatal and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Tradey

• CB500X Newbie
  • I spend too much time riding bicycles !
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Bairnsdale
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2019, 03:09:52 AM »
I can confirm the 2019 Australian model has a 2 pin Sumitomo HM090 socket under the seat.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2019, 01:16:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tradey [+]
I can confirm the 2019 Australian model has a 2 pin Sumitomo HM090 socket under the seat.

Thank you for confirming that.  :062:

Offline Tradey

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2019, 03:02:41 AM »
In Sven Olsen's Youtube video installing the cigarette accessory socket in his 2019 model, Honda part number 08U70-MKP-D80 it attaches to a socket in the left hand wiring loom.  It appears to have a 2 pin Sumitomo HM090 plug as well.  Would this be considered a third options plug on the same circuit ?

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2019, 02:31:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tradey [+]
In Sven Olsen's Youtube video installing the cigarette accessory socket in his 2019 model, Honda part number 08U70-MKP-D80 it attaches to a socket in the left hand wiring loom.  It appears to have a 2 pin Sumitomo HM090 plug as well.  Would this be considered a third options plug on the same circuit ?

I haven't had my hands on a 2019. The '16-'18 models have LED headlights too. Honda may have omitted the blue headlight wire due to some mix-ups and people running aux lights off the blue wire and blowing the LED headlight driver. It is OK to use the blue wire on the pre '19 models to trigger a relay for the aux lights. It maybe possible that Honda added another OP.

Offline Tradey

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2019, 02:58:17 AM »
I can confirm a third Sumitomo HM090 options plug on the 2019 model located 100mm from the cigarette accessory hole behind the left hand side tank fairing cover.

2 pins wired with a green and a purple wire.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2019, 02:02:19 AM »
Thanks for the info and pics. That will be helpful.  :062:

Offline Tradey

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2019, 12:03:53 AM »
The green and purple wires in this connector are reversed, which could be for the reverse polarity of cigarette lighter circuits universally.  They are switched on the negative earth side, which activates when you push the lighter in to heat.

Offline Falang

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2019, 12:14:11 PM »
I was trying to match the connector photos on this excellent thread to the connector symbols on the wiring diagram to confirm which wires are connected to which terminal (the pin-out) but couldnt do it. EscCtrls photos are above, rotated the same way (I think.) The wiring diagram symbols are below, rotated to try to match the photos.

The 2-pin connector photo on the right seems to match the diagram: 1=Red =12V and 2=Black=Ground above; Violet-Red=12V and Green=Ground below.

But then the 3-pin connector does not seem to match the diagram: Black, which is usually Ground, is in the center at 2 in the photo above but Violet-Red, which is 12V to Honda, is in the center in the diagram below. Perhaps CtrlEsc only had two colors on hand, and his Black on 2 should really be Red and the Red on 3 should really be Blue (or any color which is not Red or Black.)

Can anyone confirm what the pin-out is for these connectors when oriented as in the photo above? Is it:

1=Ground (Green or more commonly Black)?
2=12V (Violet-Red or more commonly Red)?
3=Hi-Beam (Blue)?

Sorry if it is elsewhere on the site and I couldnt find it. I would like to make a three-wire cable at home, then take the bike to Honda and ask them to fish out the Front Option Connector and plug my cable into it while they are servicing the bike and have the middle cowling off anyway. It would be ideal to use the matching color wires on the right pins right up to the connector, especially for a future owner. But I wont be able to see the Hondas connector colors until after Ive made the cable.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 12:15:19 PM by Falang »

Offline laurentP13

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB 500 XA 2018
  • City / Town: Grenoble
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2019, 08:16:10 AM »
Hi everyone,
many thanks to all for these precious informations.

Just wanted to share a source for Sumimoto connectors.  They ship everywhere with no minimum order amount.  Just received my connector this morning :)
Shop: https://www.rakuten.co.jp/auc-hi-1000/
Ref for the 2 pin connector: fs3gm 2P090 type HM male terminal side coupler kit M090WP-HM/MT/2P090WPK-HM-M(2P090WPK-HM-M)
(Yes, this is the _male_ side of the connector.  _male_ refers to the metallic part of the connection, not the plastic body.  I was confused at the beginning.)

Online fatal

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x (2019)
  • City / Town: St Helens (ish)
« Reply #279 on: September 15, 2019, 05:22:29 PM »
This has been a fantastic informative thread, I'm not too good with the dark art of electrickery, so this has helped me understand so much more. This afternoon I ran my Garmin power lead from the front of the bike to the rear to get ready for connection to the switched live on the OP plug, but I'm struggling to get the plug apart, will try again tomorrow. Then I just need to sort out a couple of connectors and wire seals.
Whilst removing the side panels I came across the main fuse that was alongside an Omron 4 pin relay. Is this relay for the starter circuit? I always like to carry spare fuses and a relay, just in case...

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage