Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Centre stand?  (Read 7683 times)

Offline JohnE

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X, BSA 250
  • City / Town: Walsall
Centre stand?
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
My other half has just got an F which came with the luggage set. We assumed that (like my X) the kit would include a centre stand but was told by the dealer that it doesn't and they aren't listed. I assume someone will make one but has anyone else fitted one?
Also, it was fitted with a Givi screen which looks good but isn't very tall. Has anyone else fitted a taller screen to the F?
She hasn't ridden it yet - mod 1 soon so it may suit her but I (being taller) found it quite breezy after my X with the taller GIvi screen.

Offline Triplebrew

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500FAG
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: Centre stand?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »
Your dealer is correct Honda do not offer a centre stand for the CB500F / CBR500. SW Motech do offer one (www.motohaus.com) which fits and works well but requires a small part of the lower belly pan where the sidestand is located to be removed.

Offline MotoMachines

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:49:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by JohnE [+]
My other half has just got an F which came with the luggage set. We assumed that (like my X) the kit would include a centre stand but was told by the dealer that it doesn't and they aren't listed. I assume someone will make one but has anyone else fitted one?
Also, it was fitted with a Givi screen which looks good but isn't very tall. Has anyone else fitted a taller screen to the F?
She hasn't ridden it yet - mod 1 soon so it may suit her but I (being taller) found it quite breezy after my X with the taller GIvi screen.

Check out the importer of Hepco & Becker in the UK, they should have a center stand available for you. Would look like so:

Offline Englishman

• CB500X Pro
  • How hard can it be?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X
  • City / Town: Telscombe Cliffs
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 05:18:27 AM »
The centre stand (in my humble opinion) should be fitted at standard and not be a so called option.  There are benefits from having a centre stand so I endorse you decision to fit one as its time and money well invested.

Offline Triplebrew

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 10:04:31 PM »
Looking to put a centre stand on my CBR500. Good to read that fairing doesn't have to be trimmed to fit SW Motech one. I am going to look at trying the Honda one as it is cheaper and (for me) easier to get. From what I have read the only issue is the lack of stop on the silencer / muffler. My CBR500 has the Akrapovic slip on which has the stop bracket in place so looks like all will be good. Will know by the weekend I hope

Offline Triplebrew

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »
Well today I fitted the CB500X genuine Honda centre stand. Works a treat and only needed the addition of a small spacer (and longer bolt) on the belly pan mount near the side stand to give clearance for the spring. Very happy with the result  :152:

Offline Triplebrew

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 10:58:58 PM »
Picture of stand

Offline ozhirsty

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBR500R CB500FA
  • City / Town: Cypress, CA
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 07:26:39 PM »
The "Honda"  center stand for the X, will fit both the R & F.

As mentioned before both will need a slight mod to the left side plastic to clear. Use dremel and it's not obtrusive/noticeable.
Also, If the top of stand is not shortened, (remove top plates and re weld similar in lower position) the bike will sit too tall and prone to topple forward. (after altering stand for my R, I then made a wooden jig to make duplicating for my F easier) A lot of trial and fit to get it just right.
Even with this adjustment, its still more difficult to raise onto stand, than X, as legs need to be shortened slightly. I haven't got round to this yet.

Additionally there is NO stop on the exhaust (as on X) for stand stop.
I fitted a longer muffler bolt with spacers/large washer. this works ok.

Know that H.B. stand is approx. twice cost of Honda X stand (in USA).
Not sure what method they use for stop.
But if H.B. stand works without mods, I'd go this route, considering time/effort spent  getting mine nearly right.

Cant imagine why Honda didn't produce a stand for R & F. They'd have sold like hot cakes. Mounting tabs are on bike..so why not?

Alan

Offline eip

• CB500X Member
  • daag thuus ook dag
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Xmax300
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
Ziet er goed uit .

Recent Topics