Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from North West Wales  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Defender

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yamaha YBR
  • City / Town: Pwllheli
Hi from North West Wales
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:58:49 PM »
Got my 3 month old  CB500x a couple of weeks ago, thus avoiding 1st service cost. I am looking forward to sharing info & experiences. At age 65 it's probably my last bike, but 1st I've with elec start, so will have to get used to modern machinery. You all be careful out there.
If I can help somebody as I go along, then my living has not been in vain.

Offline The Cameraman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from North West Wales
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:02:10 AM »
Hi Defender,

if you say it's going to be your last bike, it better wear well, as my dad's 80 and he still rides his trusty Serow! So that would give you at least 15 more years of riding. By the way, was it an ex demonstrator, as I'm wondering how such a bike came on the market?

Welcome along for the ride.

Regards

Reggie

Offline Defender

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »
Hi Cameraman, 15 years,if only. Parkinson's disease tells me time is limited, that's why I've treated myself. Bike was registered to private owner, but I bought from a dealer so I don't know the back story. Oddly enough there was another one at another dealer, approx same age & mileage at the same time. It was white, I went for red. I forgot to ask why at the time, probably a case of not looking gift horse in the mouth, overexcitement & blind panic.Not necessarily in that order. Oh, & of course, stupidity.

Offline The Cameraman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
Hi Mate,

well you've done the right thing by buying now to get asmany years riding as you can.

I'd have gone with the white myself, just a preference to make the bike as obvious as possible, rather than a colour choice.

Regards

Reggie

Offline Defender

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »
Didn't want to be mistaken for a sheep, but I know what you mean & my bike gear is fairly colourful with safety in mind.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage