Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Winston Salem, NC  (Read 1991 times)

Offline 007

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Winston Salem
Hello from Winston Salem, NC
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:07:50 PM »
I finally saw the light and bought a CB500X in place of my BMW K1200S.  Less is more.  Then again, I plan to add lots of farkles including engine guards, radiator guard, MRA Xcreen clamp-on, sw motech kobra handguards with extender and LED signals,  highway pegs, oxford heated grips, and a Givi Trekker top box with Alu Rack attachment.
What do folks do for wiring?  In addition to the heated grips, I will probably be charging a phone / GPS, radar detector, and maybe a Battery Tender lead for charging / heated clothing.  I am told there is some sort of attachment to the main fuse block under the seat already, but didn't see the specifics on wiring.  I am still up in the air on suspension but considering Cogent and Traxxion among others.
I am a long time VFR owner and member of VFRDiscussion, and continue to own a RWB 25th anniversary edition.  Looking forward to relatively easy maintenance and efficient fun!
Cogent Dynamics suspension, Madstad windscreen, Oxford Heaterz Touring grips, Puig crash bars, SW Motech Hand Guards with LEDs, Delkevic Shorty Exhaust, R&G Case Covers, JT steel sprockets 15/39, EK 3D Z series chain

Offline tango19

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB 500XAE
  • City / Town: Lancashire
Re: Hello from Winston Salem, NC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:00:48 PM »
 :400: from Fylde  :002:

Suzuki T20 Super six, Suzuki T20 X6

Offline Defender

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yamaha YBR
  • City / Town: Pwllheli
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:40:38 PM »
Hi, good to have you with us, hope you're enjoying your X. The connector you are looking for is the OP connector, there is one by the right fork leg, and another white (2 pin in US) plug under the seat. Both are switched and feed off the same 7.5 amp fuse. For more detail than I can possibly give, please use the forum search. Enter "OP connector", all will be revealed. Macca's posts give info and pics.
If I can help somebody as I go along, then my living has not been in vain.

Offline 007

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Winston Salem
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 09:30:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Defender [+]
Hi, good to have you with us, hope you're enjoying your X. The connector you are looking for is the OP connector, there is one by the right fork leg, and another white (2 pin in US) plug under the seat. Both are switched and feed off the same 7.5 amp fuse. For more detail than I can possibly give, please use the forum search. Enter "OP connector", all will be revealed. Macca's posts give info and pics.

I was able to figure a lot out by some searching, and Macca's post is by far the most useful.   :020:

I bought Sumitomo HM 090 series sealed connectors from the link below, along with some spare male terminals.  3 PIN for front right fork connector, 2 PIN for under seat.  I purchased a fuse block years ago from Eastern Beaver with the same types of connectors, but had no idea how complicated it could be wading through a sea of connectors, since the options came pre-arranged.  I recall making the connections are rather simple.  I even have the male connector with the USB ports still attached from when I removed it from the BMW, so might be plug and play.

http://www.cycleterminal.com/hm-sealed-series-090.html

May go with the Madstad screen instead of the Xcreen, but we shall see. The delivery truck will be busy the next couple of days. 
Cogent Dynamics suspension, Madstad windscreen, Oxford Heaterz Touring grips, Puig crash bars, SW Motech Hand Guards with LEDs, Delkevic Shorty Exhaust, R&G Case Covers, JT steel sprockets 15/39, EK 3D Z series chain

Offline Defender

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yamaha YBR
  • City / Town: Pwllheli
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 12:06:10 AM »
Great that you got it all figured out, and hope you didn't mind my passing you on to the search, but I thought you'd find out more that way. Rather than me trying to repeat all that, and the pics, I felt Macca's posts would give you what you needed. Hope it works for you.
If I can help somebody as I go along, then my living has not been in vain.

Recent Topics