Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Alarm recommendations  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Derby_CB_rider

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500F
Alarm recommendations
« on: June 07, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »
Hi all,

I'm looking for a decent alarm for my 500F.  I use the bike for work and it is often left outside various places.  I've come back to it a few times to find someone has been fiddling with it - one time it was dropped, another time the main beam was switched on, another the hazard lights were switched on, amongst others.  I'm therefore thinking if I have an alarm, it will at least alert me to people messing with the bike.

I have an Abus alarmed disc lock, but looking for a proper alarm (that won't go off whilst riding or any other nonsense).  Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.

Cheers.

Offline Pappy2810

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black CB500X
  • City / Town: Gloucestershire
Re: Alarm recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 11:55:06 PM »
i had a datatool s4 green alarm fitted by the dealer 349.00, easy to use,arms its self after 45 seconds, no problems yet !! touch wood. :002:

Offline Derby_CB_rider

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500F
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 12:05:20 AM »
Thanks. That's interesting, the datatool one is the one our local bike mechanic suggested.  I think I'll have a proper look at it.  I don't expect an alarm will deter theives, but I am hoping it will alert me to people messing with the bike.  Why do people think they can fiddle with your bike in a way they'd never do with cars?

Offline Pappy2810

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black CB500X
  • City / Town: Gloucestershire
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 12:18:59 AM »
i agree no alarm or anti theft device will deter a determined thief if they really want something,but it keeps the insurance person happy, and gives you cheaper insurance, i expect its the local lads admiring you bike,like you say admire it, but DONT TOUCH!! :013:

Offline Supernam

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Toronto
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:25:58 AM »
Scorpio makes good alarms with a proximity sensor option if you want it.

Offline andybeeone

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500X SV1000S
  • City / Town: Chesterfield
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »
I have a meta 357T alarm and immobiliser on my sv. No problems in 10 years and counting. I didn't bother with an alarm on the X for the "not really a deterrent" reason.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage