Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 1st Rally Raid Adventure Conversion customer-Nevada City, CA.  (Read 3741 times)

Offline mr fish

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
Re: 1st Rally Raid Adventure Conversion customer-Nevada City, CA.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 10:05:01 PM »
Bikes looking good  :037: :037:

Offline visualizerent

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Rally Raid Adventure Conversion customer-Nevada City, CA.
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 02:55:09 PM »
Morning Matt!
Yea you can try bolting front first, then rear 2nd...but it's not the plate that's the issue, it's the frame. When you unbolt the front engine mount, the frame springs forward slightly.
So you have to pull back hard on the frame to get it in alignment (see video), best if you had an assistant for this.
You can also try wedging a long shovel handle in against the exhaust pipes to apply some gentle persuasion to spring the frame back into position.

Just completed the complete Stage 3 conversion..."film at 11"

Juan
Nevada City

RR Engine Guard video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPT6G3Y3GnI

*Originally Posted by Matt F. [+]
Juan: how's the installation going?  Can't wait for the next installment of videos.

In other news, do I remember correctly reading that you thought the bash plate should be installed in reverse order?  I.e. Threading the forward mounts first (when there is presumably less tension) and then doing the   centerstand connection after?

Giant loop is supposed to be getting the next batch in next week and I'm very excited to get it on them bike, but really don't want to cross thread anything....again I thought I recalled you saying that while you did as stated in the instruction, that this might be a safer approach.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage