Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from W. Mass.  (Read 891 times)

Offline sbeadg

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 XA, Breva750
Greetings from W. Mass.
« on: August 25, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »
I read about this bike months ago, read other references since and read more last night, including this forum as a lurker.  I found myself dreaming about the X last night!! 
I've owned my Vstrom for 3 years and 38,000 miles with annual extended trips to the Maritimes, Labrador, etc.  It's set up with suspension, brake, light, and seat upgrades.  I bought an XT250 last Fall and have greatly enjoyed the ease of maneuvering and off road manners.  It's gotten me thinking about a lighter road bike as well.  I'm 5'8" 170 and the Vstrom's a handful at times.

I look forward to learning more about this bike.  I hope to drive the Vstrom out to Seattle to visit my son next summer and leave it there, returning the following summer to tour that part of the country.  If that comes to pass, I'll be in the market for a replacement bike at home. I've had wood for the Ducati Scrambler (not practical enough, dealer support-wise) the Husqvarna Terra/Strada (same problem only worse) and the new Triumph Tiger 800 (I can't bring myself to get a bike that gets worse mileage than the Vstrom).
So, the 500X is currently at the top of my "next bike" list.
Riding mantra:
There is only here, there is only now.  Nothing else matters.

Recent Topics