Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Leg wind deflectors for cb 500x  (Read 9344 times)

Offline Dukie

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Cb500x
Re: Leg wind deflectors for cb 500x
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 04:42:39 AM »
these look like the biggest con. i simply can't believe they have any noticable effect
Sold:  '13 Rally Raid lvl 3.
own:  '17  Rally Raid lvl 1

Offline ButchV

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cook, MN
Re: Leg wind deflectors for cb 500x
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 06:13:40 AM »
I'm a small guy at about 5'8" and weigh about 155.  I had the deflectors put on just before delivery.  And they do help to maintain highway speeds in the rain.  For speeds below 30 miles an hour they probably don't do much.  But at higher speeds the deflectors help deflect bugs, wind and rain.  The design of the 500X allows a person to keep knees pretty close tucked into the tank which is how I ride.  Much different than riding on my big cruiser style bikes owned in the past with feet forward or on footboards, legs spread around a big tank.  Now that the deflectors are on the bike I won't be taking them off.  No way I can say that they are 80 percent good and 20 percent bad, or vice versa.  Seems the price is what keeps most from buying them.  That shouldn't enter the equation, but it does when a person expects to get more for less.. or gets less for spending allot more.   ~ Butch

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage