Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lowering my CB500x  (Read 14194 times)

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
Re: Lowering my CB500x
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2019, 06:56:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by liberator [+]
Ok I've tried the swap and flip and I've not been able to get any drop. I know I must have done something wrong but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. The arrows on the plates are pointing to the rear. The curve is on the top side. I had a huge amount of trouble getting the nuts undone - damn tight. How on earth can you get these nuts tensioned to the right torque when you cant get a torque wrench in there. The Haynes manual says 44 nm tension but I don't know if I'm there because I can't get the tool in to check.

Have you seen my tutorial? https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,3199.0.html

Offline liberator

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500Xa
  • City / Town: Kyabram
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2019, 11:06:51 PM »
Hey Esc - yes read, and reread multiple times to make sure I got it right. It's a great post but I still cant figure out what I've stuffed up as I've got no obvious drop after the switcharoo.

Like I've said, the plates were swapped and flipped and the arrows to the back and the curve to the top but no drop, it's the same as it was before I'd started. I can't figure it out! You couldn't possibly take some more photos of your swap and show the dimension of each edge of the plate so I can see if I've got them the right way around? I may have just wound up flipping them on the same side without the swap. It got confusing once I'd pulled the plates off I didn't know which side was which - I should have marked them first.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2019, 06:42:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by liberator [+]
Hey Esc - yes read, and reread multiple times to make sure I got it right. It's a great post but I still cant figure out what I've stuffed up as I've got no obvious drop after the switcharoo.

Like I've said, the plates were swapped and flipped and the arrows to the back and the curve to the top but no drop, it's the same as it was before I'd started. I can't figure it out! You couldn't possibly take some more photos of your swap and show the dimension of each edge of the plate so I can see if I've got them the right way around? I may have just wound up flipping them on the same side without the swap. It got confusing once I'd pulled the plates off I didn't know which side was which - I should have marked them first.

That's all the pics I have. I didn't leave my bike lowered after the test ride. With my weight and the soft OE suspension, I bottomed out the lower cowl turning into a parking lot.

I don't know what could have happened if you did the flip and switch. If the curve isn't in the right spot, the triangles will bind up against the shock collar with weight on the bike. That's why they have to be swapped from side to side.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage