Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Just bought a CB500X, very excited  (Read 4942 times)

Offline Mr Maggit

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB 500 X
  • City / Town: Hull, UK
Just bought a CB500X, very excited
« on: October 24, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
Just traded in a CBR1000 & a PCX 125 for a new CB500X. WHY? well my PCX did the commute easliy, & the CBR did my license little favours on a weekend. 1 bike will do the lot. I have a holiday home 30 miles from home that the PCX wouldn't make without a back wind and the blade would get me there once or twice before I lost my license etc etc .... having thought long and hard and had a test ride on the CB, i couldn't belive the fun the baby twin offered. So there we go, I've joined the world of sensible biking and am genuinly excited about it ... am i getting old or just moving to a new chapter of biking ... well at 43, I'd say the fun's just about to begin. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about :)

Offline Murraymint

• CB500X Pro
  • Loving my cbx
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Cb500x
Re: Just bought a CB500X, very excited
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 06:59:20 PM »
Your not getting old, I'm 21 and love my x!!!! Welcome along  :821:

Offline fisherman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500x
  • City / Town: Lowestoft
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
I traded in a 3500 mile Suzuki GSX1250FA for mine.Haven't regretted it for one second,the CB500X is a real world bike.

Offline Mr Maggit

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 07:09:34 PM »
You'll do for me brother Murraymint !!! You just passed your test eh? Well done mate and welcome to the biking world. I passed mine at 21, it was the most exciting thing to set off on my 1st ride all those years ago, on an RD 350 no less, those were the days lol. Anyway, I must have owned over 50 bikes in the last 20+ years and have loved every one (apart from an old RD400 that broke down constantly). It's a great way of life, in all weathers, just get out & ride. Must admit, the roads are a lot busier these days, you gotta have eyes in yer arse, there's a magnitude of muppets out there, not to mention police & camera's etc etc, so a 500 cc bike, sat high up above the car roofs makes perfect sense. The bike looks funky too.

Offline Murraymint

• CB500X Pro
  • Loving my cbx
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Cb500x
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
Yh just passed, I was waiting until I was 21 to do direct access but they changed the laws 4 days before my birthday!  :230:. Never thort I'd buy a brand new bike but I still live at home, have a full time job and the other half is at uni, so thort f**k it! May as well enjoy myself while I can! Over 50 bikes!!! Good effort! It is a great way of life! I do find my work day goes slower tho as I can't wait to ride home   :305:

Offline roboprop

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X red
  • City / Town: Oswestry
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
 :408:

Enjoy the X trail!

Best wishes
Gary

Offline Defender

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yamaha YBR
  • City / Town: Pwllheli
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
Hey Maggit, welcome. How times change, "baby twin" indeed. When I was a lad, that was a Big Twin. Yeah, I know, boring old fart. Comes to us all, stay young as long as you can.
If I can help somebody as I go along, then my living has not been in vain.

Offline Mr Maggit

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 08:25:41 PM »
lol Defender, after years of 1000 + bikes she's a dinky one .... anyway here's the irony, just dawned on me when you reiterated line 'baby twin' ... the wife plopped a pair of twin girls out last December, maybe I should name each cylinder Sophie & Holly after the girls ... maybe not lol. Anyway, it's the little things that make us sit up and think, subconscious thoughts help sensible purchases perhaps ... anyway, I reckon the girls keep me young, the CB affectionately named 'Cybil# will no doubt keep me chuckling too ... life's a blast eh :) Cheers for the welcome.

Offline Mr Maggit

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »
Got the bike yesterday, Nov 1st and WOW. Took her for a 50 mile blat round Easy Yorkshire in the monsoon conditions, it was battering down .... and the bike just sailed (quite literally) through the drenched roads. I used to have a XT 660 X and was expecting to draw poor comparisons with that bike. In truth the 500 beats the 660 hands down in comfort, predictability, tank range and by far a much better, smoother engine, this was a remarkable difference. The 500 is a revalation in comparison. How the hell do Honda beat an on paper better bike hands down? Amazing. Anyway, the bike's still wet, so is my riding gear, looks like we're in for a tough winter, let's see how the little thumper bears up throught the salt and snow ????

Offline Spiny

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »
I did something similar, bought the X for commuting, my other bike was a Street Triple, after having the X for a few months just found the Triple wasn't getting used any more - so sold it. I was sad to see it go but the X just does everything I want it to and with the sale cash splashed on some modifications! :001:

Might see you around the roads of Yorkshire! :152:

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage