Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member, few questions  (Read 7785 times)

Offline buck7

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kuala Lumpur
Re: New member, few questions
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 07:55:53 AM »
yup, some bikes are just not built to take too much weight at the back.

Offline Munkey

• Non Active
    • View Profile
Re: New member, few questions
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Skyline on Fire [+]
Hey guys,

My new CB500x is arriving at the end of this week. So excited after the initial test, that engine is so smooth I've never felt anything like it. I'm going to do a lot of touring on it and I'm setting it up appropriately. I'll be doing a 5000 mile trip around southern Europe at the beginning of next year. If anyone wants to join 2 other riders on it don't hesitate to let me know.

Anyway, modifications I've already got and ready to put onto the bike are as follows.

Honda top box, rack etc...
Honda heated grips
Honda tall windshield
Front fender is being changed from the black one to a red one to match the bike (it's red) a bit better. It was free so I figured I should put it on.
Rear hugger
Centre stand
Givi soft panniers with stabilisation rack

I'm an "adventure" tourer. So wild camping most nights etc is the thing I love to do. Tent etc will fit great on the pillion seat in between panniers/top box etc... Are there any additions that you guys think would be beneficial? I've a few others in the pipeline I'm considering, but I'm always looking for more feedback from others etc...

Also feel free to post any tips/pics of your bikes in a "touring" set up, very interested to see others. After riding countless bikes and trying to find my perfect long term touring bike that I eventually want to do some extremely long trips on, nothing came close to the CB500x for sheer versatility, economy, reliability etc...

Cheers  :002:

Welcome, I am planning to go touring with my X and added a lot of mods, check out my list it may help you (pictures in my Gallery) http://wwwb500x.com/index.php/topic,299.0.html
https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,299.0.html

If you plan to change your tyres let me know as I cannot decide on what to get heidenau k60 scout, TKC80 or even Mitas E08 or E10. I need to change my tyres as I m planning a Morocco trip and need better tyres ever through the stock one's are only just bedded in.

Happy Touring, make you post tails and pictures of your adventures.

Side Note - Thanks for the replies to this guys regards weight, very useful. :152:

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage