Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from Napa California  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Stinkygod

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
Greetings from Napa California
« on: November 05, 2013, 09:57:56 PM »
Howdy Y'all.

For the past three years I have been riding the nearly perfect bike through the backroads of the San Francisco Bay area. Maybe 8,000 miles a year. A friend gave me a 1975 CB125s and I dropped a Chinese Lifan 200 in it. From 12hp to 16hp in one easy move. It weighs 200lbs and nothing falls into a curve like my "L'i'l Bastard".

Nearly. Perfect. After 4000 miles the engine started leaking. No big deal, a new one is $450 delivered from EBay. 4000 miles, another leaky engine. So the LB goes in for a restoration and I need a new bike. Test drove a KTM 690 Duke. Handlebar too wide, too expensive. I actually got a test ride on the new Yamaha FZ-09, probably the most brilliant bike made today. I still don't know why I didn't love it. Too much power? Too red? Anyway for $2000 less there was the little 500. It does just what I need. To be honest, the 125 is more fun in the twisties, but maybe I just lack confidence on the new machine.

It is as smooth as my K75 triple and 100lbs. lighter. I've put 200 miles on it and I enjoy it more with each passing mile.

Just ordered an MRA Vario Screen and Oxford heated grips (on sale at twisted throttle for $49)

If ya'll are ever in the wine country, let me know. I get paid to talk and drink at the greatest winery.

Zack

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage