Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mini LED Lights  (Read 44805 times)

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
Mini LED Lights
« on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:44 PM »
Here's what you will need for Mini LED light install (everything).

Lights:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/mini-auxiliary-lights/2-round-10-watt-led-mini-auxiliary-work-light/1386/3191/
Harness:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/wire-harness-relay/led-light-wiring-harness-with-relay-and-weatherproof-switch-dual-output-dt-connector/1979/4454/
Mounting bracket:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-auxiliary-light-mount-honda-cb500x-2013-2015

Harness comes with a switch but if you wish to install using signal wire from your OP plug, attach to the blue wire that goes to the switch. Cap the others off. I cut my OP plug off and used a simple connector and shrink warp.
Very bright white light ,not blue. Get the 25 degree spread and aim them low to avoid blinding on coming traffic. Super bright and very,very solid. The mounting bracket is also very solid, no movement, no vibrations. Make sure it is all lined up perfect before you tighten the mounting bracket down.

PS  : Lifetime warranty. The stock headlight looks positively anemic after installing these. You might want to cut the harness down to size after measuring, there's just too much length for a motorcycle. Run the wiring behind the right side black textured cover and zip tie to the frame keeping away from the head and exhaust. Zip tie the left over excess to the inside of the right front cowl. Do not run the wires thru the forks, but ahead of them that way turning the handle bars will not affect the wires. Remember to leave some slack :152:
PPS: Any recommendations for a pure white halogen bulb as a direct plug and play replacement for the stock headlight bulb so they match in hue and the head light does not seem so yellow ? I don't need it to be brighter, just whiter but not blue.

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
Re: Mini LED Lights
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 11:16:59 PM »
Pictures

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 11:25:00 PM »
a couple more pictures

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 11:35:45 PM »
....and here's a tail light/brake light flasher built in bulb to go with the front lights, flashes three times then lights up solid red. Simple plug and play, replaces the original no mods needed. Bright and safe, had mine since I have had the bike with zero issues.
Tail Light Bulb
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1157-led-bulb-w-brake-flasher-dual-function-1-high-power-led-bay15d-retrofit-car/923/2274/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:39:26 PM by CB-500-X »

Offline HerrDeacon

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 12:59:29 AM »
Looks great. I started installing a similar set myself today but onto my crash bars. I don't ride at night but just want to be more visible in traffic.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 02:39:02 AM »
Good deal.The light bracket is sold out at revzilla.I wonder if it's due to your write up?  :152:

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 02:54:59 AM »
nah..lol sure there's other sources out there for it.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 02:59:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X [+]
nah..lol sure there's other sources out there for it.

I'm pretty sure there are.A quick search should turn up some.

Offline Ploppy

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 10:28:40 AM »
Here's what I've done.  As someone else said it's to be seen rather than see.
My lights are lower down.  I chose that so they were away from the indicators and to give a bigger "triangle of light".
The slight disadvantage is that they get a bit dirty.

The certainly make me more visible, I can see people do a double take.

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 12:38:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
Good deal.The light bracket is sold out at revzilla.I wonder if it's due to your write up?  :152:
Now that I have had the lights on for a while, l can say that the decision to use the bracket was a good one. It is solid as a rock. Zero movement or vibration. As far as the lights go, have not been flashed once. They are bright, extremely visible. People do not pull out in front of me anymore (except the pure a-holes that see you and don't care). They do light up the road vey well. Adding some LEDs to the tail, pictures to follow after the install.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage