Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Any Corbin seats in the USA's PNW?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Hi,Cider!

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 500XA
  • City / Town: PDX
Any Corbin seats in the USA's PNW?
« on: April 03, 2016, 07:41:33 AM »
My wife was raised to be motorcycle-phobic: "Don't you ever get on a motorcycle with a boy, or you will die!"

I've lately converted her to conceding that passenger riding is "fun," but the X seat is a bit problematic.  Due to the slant, she always feels prone to slide forward, and I can feel that transmitted force, which is distracting.

Looking at the Corbin option, but is it really $400-odd worth of improvement on a budget bike?  Are there any other riders within a couple hundred miles of PDX with that Corbin seat mounted that I could look at and sit on to help with the decision?

Offline piston broke

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hua Hin
Re: Any Corbin seats in the USA's PNW?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 01:02:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hi,Cider! [+]
My wife was raised to be motorcycle-phobic: "Don't you ever get on a motorcycle with a boy, or you will die!"

I've lately converted her to conceding that passenger riding is "fun," but the X seat is a bit problematic.  Due to the slant, she always feels prone to slide forward, and I can feel that transmitted force, which is distracting.

Looking at the Corbin option, but is it really $400-odd worth of improvement on a budget bike?  Are there any other riders within a couple hundred miles of PDX with that Corbin seat mounted that I could look at and sit on to help with the decision?

400 Dollars for a seat - they're having a Giraffe....

Took mine down to the local seat trimmers - sculpted memory foam topping, recover with anti slip material and double red stitching....

Equivilant of $15 USD.....

Ultra cumfy even after 2-3 hours in the saddle.....

Offline Hi,Cider!

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 500XA
  • City / Town: PDX
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 07:05:15 AM »
<i>Took mine down to the local seat trimmers - sculpted memory foam topping, recover with anti slip material and double red stitching....</i>

I was sure that there would be a more sensibly economical solution than $400 for the Corbin... "Local seat trimmers," eh?  I need to get out more -- hadn't heard of seat trimming until just now. 

Offline halbie

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Portland, OR
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 05:10:22 AM »
Cider, let me know if you learn of a good local solution.  I'll do the same.  They all seem expensive and cater to Harley riders. 

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 03:00:22 PM »
any experience with the seat concepts seat ? not the high one.

Offline grewen

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 cb500x
  • City / Town: armstrong. bc
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »
i have seat concepts seats on 3 other dual sport bikes and all though alot better that the stock seats, not good enough for my 500x. the other bikes are ok because i'm usually doing alot of standing being off road. i can't see that happening with the honda, so i will be looking at a corbin too. even if everyone else do not think they are worth the money, it would be nice if someone would answer the question asked
Greg
1973 honda ct90
1981 honda ct110
2018 honda cb500x
2018 suzuki dr650

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 12:01:28 AM »
I've purchased , used and sold 2 Corbin seats for the bike. I don't like the way they look or set on the bike, I think they belong on a cruiser. Plus they are quite hard. They weigh a whole lot more than the stock seat. Not for me, maybe for some. Take into consideration that I only paid 1/2 of what they are new, so adding cost of a new Corbin into the equation , no way would I get one. As I said fine for other people and other bikes, not for me or the CB500x.

Offline mrichi

• CB500X Member
  • mrichi
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500XA
  • City / Town: TANUNDA STH AUST
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 01:02:43 AM »
I have a concept seat it's better than the stock seat but not perfect, the cover on the concept seat is great you will not slip or slide around on that seat , my only complaint is the seat could be softer

Offline Irishrover

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X/CB400SF
  • City / Town: Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 11:05:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by piston broke [+]
400 Dollars for a seat - they're having a Giraffe....

Took mine down to the local seat trimmers - sculpted memory foam topping, recover with anti slip material and double red stitching....

Equivilant of $15 USD.....

Ultra cumfy even after 2-3 hours in the saddle.....

For that kind of money you could set up a business getting seats recovered from around the world. Including the shipping it would still work out cheaper than a Sargent or Concepts.
That's the advantage of living in the far East, cheaper everything.  :046:

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 12:38:31 AM »
Back when I was on a 675 Street Triple, I bought a Sargent seat off my neighbor. He replaced the Sargent with a Corbin. I rode both 675s, trying out both seats and can echo what a few others had said, the Corbin was too firm for me. The Sargent was also firmer than stock, but had a much better shape, so long days in the saddle weren't a problem. On my only big trip I put a Seat Concepts on the bike and found it very comfortable for the most part. Just picked up a v-strom a few weeks ago with a Seat Concepts and like that one as well. Just my .02

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage