Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Africa Thin - Australia  (Read 1976 times)

Offline africathin

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
Africa Thin - Australia
« on: April 10, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »
Hi Guys/Girls!

I have been following the cb500x since I first saw the rally raid kit. I am about to undertake a fairly big project (which I have dubbed the "Africa Thin" of first repairing (currently a repairable write-off) and then adding the level 3 rally raid package.

I got the bike (2013 ABS) for a very low price ($1500AUD) sight unseen  and I am not sure of the KM's yet. First step will be to get the bike shipped to me and assess the damage. I have noticed a few things needed straight away (LHS stanchion, front beak). But will know more when I see it. If its really that bad I may just end up parting it out.

I wont get a chance to start for the next month or so but I will link to the project when I kick it off. I have been through this process before with another bike so I know it a long road ahead but I am looking forward to it.

Has anyone got any experience with the obtaining a replacement key ? Or am I better off just grabbing a replacement barrel and ignition? Also if anyone knows of any wreckers in Australia (Melbourne particularly) that could help with spares that would be great.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
Re: Africa Thin - Australia
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 03:31:22 AM »
Make sure you check those triple clamps really well.If they're tweaked,it will cause head shake, aka tank slapper.If you have the bike in your name,any dealer should be able to cut you a key specifically for your bike.The ignition switches outside the US appear to be a bit different than in the US.

Offline africathin

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 08:15:44 AM »
Well looks like this probably isnt worth moving forward with financially so I would like to sell it on to a wrecker. Problem is it doesn't come with a key. I would like to sell it as "running" and I have been quote 500 for a key replacement which isnt worth the investment.

It has the HISS system so I would need a key with a chip in it to start it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Offline Susi_X

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XA hw
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 09:03:52 AM »
you can't expect to get tipps herein for cracking the anit-theft-protection of the bike. :182:

if you have all the papers, you can get new keys from a dealer
why don't you have them?

Offline africathin

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »
Yes I thought that may be the case.some guy with one or two post asking about how to bypass security system I wouldn't trust me either.

It was purchased as a repairable write off with no key.

Spoke to dealer who mentioned they would "reprogram" a key for me for 500 otherwise it's a new ECU and Barrel.

Offline Monje

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
  • City / Town: NOCO
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 04:44:00 AM »
Love that name, Africathin, it's perfect.

-Monje
Colorful Colorado
- Monje
Colorful Colorado

Offline Jeff22

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 06:49:41 AM »
Still looking to move this on??

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage