Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: best replacement headlight bulb  (Read 15594 times)

Offline goldfever

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Bristol UK
Re: best replacement headlight bulb
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by hilldweller >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
With difficulty. But since I struggled A LOT someone has posted that you press a release somewhere.

Lots more miles on mine now and no complaints from oncoming traffic.

Super. I tried again today and it came off on the first try. Smh. Just need to pinch either side of the socket. After that, it was plain sailing. The LED looks really good but unsure on the beam spread yet.
Hawk

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2017, 07:11:18 PM »
Headlight bulb I have been using (very happy with) is on sale at Advmonster  >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login for $ 45.00 instead of $75.00 that I paid. Grab one while it's on sale. No brainer at this price
The search button is your friend

Offline tasso

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X RR3
  • City / Town: Sydenham, London
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2017, 09:25:57 PM »
+1 to CB-500-X ADVmonster rocks!
---
Honda CB500X Rally Raid 3 aka Sisu
>>>> link hidden <<<<
>>>> link hidden <<<<
>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline Bali Davo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2017, 04:48:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 >>>> link hidden <<<<
I found the easiest way to improve my headlight was to trade my 2014 model for a 2016 one :001:
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X >>>> link hidden <<<<
Lucky dog ! Bet that was more then $75.00

Hi guys .., been reading about the LED upgrade , well done for adding those helpful tips CB-500-X  :028:

Q - what has been changed on the 2016 bike regarding the headlight  :084:  .., and is the 2017 version the same as the 2016  :261:
Old but not too old

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »
Thank you Bali . I dont think the 2016 - 2017 are any different. However you cannot modify them like the 2013-2015. I love the look but they put out 1/2 the light the Adv monster bulb does in my 2014.

Offline Fenrir51

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500x
  • City / Town: Columbia, SC
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2017, 02:20:20 PM »
Glad I found this thread and Forum! Ordered the ADV replacement and hope to have it installed before next weekend.

Offline julman99

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: NYC
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2017, 01:21:23 AM »
Hello

So I just want to report I installed today the Phillips Xtreme Vision 130%. This is an halogen bulb.

Why did I go back from LED to Halogen?
Mostly because of the beam pattern. The one situation where LED was awesome was in really dark roads, or on the freeway without any traffic. My biggest problem with the LED was on the low beam, basically the light did not have enough "depth" under normal city or freeway driving conditions since the beam was highly concentrated in one spot.

I did a comparison of the ADV Monster vs a random Ebay LED I found (the comparison is earlier on this same thread), and although I liked much better the Ebay LED pattern, it was still not good enough.

Thoughts after going back to halogen
After putting the Halogen bulb I find the pattern is exactly what it should be. Sure, the intensity is not the same, but the pattern is clearly close to perfect.

The yellowish color headlight is not sexy at all compared to the LED, and the LED I put in the tiny light above the headlight now is super white compared to the halogen bulb underneath. If I decide to stick with halogen I will install the stock incandescent bulb there.

Also, I will be using more power from the electrical system, sure the bike was designed for it, but I will have to check if I can still connect my heater gear in winter without draining the battery. I'm sure it will be fine.

I will be riding this setup for a couple weeks and I will report back. Wish me luck  :186:
Follow me at:
>>>> link hidden <<<<
>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline DannyBeazer

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2017, 11:57:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X >>>> link hidden <<<<
That's with the aux lights covered. The headlight bulb is the best out there at this time.... That's after experimenting with several others. Still have yet to be flashed by anyone oncoming . The beam is focused unlike any of the others that I tried, in addition there is some peripheral dispersion that lights up road signs etc ( that's what you are seeing). I had to aim the headlight a few times before getting it right for my weight and the way the bike sits. Anyway I would but it again. Well worth the money . Had already installed the aux lights before the bulb became available. Together they are perfect. I would buy the bulb first as it all the light you need, however with the aux lights it make the bike more visible.
PS I can't speak for their other bulbs as I have not tried them, dispersion is unique to each bulb. Can't speak to the legality since we don't have a MOT here or even an annual inspection in Florida but in the 4 1/2 months I have pulled up/around/across and coming at several law enforcement officers and no one has said a word.

I just bought this light and it looks great, however the low beam sits pretty low and the high beam is way up in the sky with a slight gap between both..how did you aim the headlight? i also have a 2014 X

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2017, 01:45:22 AM »
Aimed pretty low actually. I run it on high beam, aimed as if it was a low beam. Brighter this way but not blinding. Sit on the bike 4-5 car lengths behind an average sedan and adjust so your beam is below their trunk/rear windshield, adjust from there on.

The CB500X does not go fast enough to outrun the light/s   :110:

PS : I have another set of the same 25 degree lights coming , stay tuned for 4 led lights and the led headlight installed.  :152:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:47:03 AM by CB-500-X »

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage