Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: best replacement headlight bulb  (Read 23887 times)

Offline Oldsolum

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Albuquerque, USA
Re: best replacement headlight bulb
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2018, 09:35:56 PM »
My 15-month-old ADVMonster H4 R3 LED bulb burned out on the way to work this morning; low beam is now shot. I've contacted ADVMonster to see if they'll replace it, but since they only state a 1-year warranty, I'm not hopeful. I'll admit I'm pretty dissappointed that a $75 bulb lasted just 15 months...

Offline SnowOwl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: SE Missouri
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
That sucks!  An LED bulb should last the life of the bike.
1980 Suzuki GS250T - Sold a long time ago
------------
1982 Suzuki PE175 - For exploring the farm with the dog
2016 Honda CB500X ABS - All round commuter and day trips

Offline duh

• CB500X Member
  • Chasing the horizon
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Atlanta, GA
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2018, 05:06:28 AM »
Installed one of these today, and the difference is like... uh... I can't come up with a better analogy than "night and day". :001:

My visual range with the low beam isn't any *shorter* but, meh, still would like a dozen more feet or so. Going to adjust the tilt a little on the centerstand with roommates in a car at the end of the block to see where the blinding point starts.

Offline yojimg

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: San Francisco
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2018, 07:20:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Oldsolum [+]
My 15-month-old ADVMonster H4 R3 LED bulb burned out on the way to work this morning; low beam is now shot. I've contacted ADVMonster to see if they'll replace it, but since they only state a 1-year warranty, I'm not hopeful. I'll admit I'm pretty dissappointed that a $75 bulb lasted just 15 months...

The high beam on mine just died tonight...well, technically the LED is still OK, but the wiring appears to have a break in it.  :(

Offline SnowOwl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: SE Missouri
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2018, 02:07:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by yojimg [+]
The high beam on mine just died tonight...well, technically the LED is still OK, but the wiring appears to have a break in it.  :(
It could be dirt in the high beam switch.  Check out this thread:
https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,6830.0.html
1980 Suzuki GS250T - Sold a long time ago
------------
1982 Suzuki PE175 - For exploring the farm with the dog
2016 Honda CB500X ABS - All round commuter and day trips

Offline Hillie

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500x ABS
  • City / Town: SW Washington
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2018, 06:48:18 AM »
For what it's worth, I've been riding around for about a week now with a PIAA xtreme white H4 halogen bulb with their "anti vibration technology". The latter appears to be a tiny bit of rubber or something, but whatever. So far I've been happy, it's significantly brighter than the stock bulb. Yes, that's a 2013, but the bike only has 1200-ish miles now.

Got the 2 pack from Amazon. Now around $67-ish. The difficulty with LED replacements is the fact that the reflector/projector backing and the lens are made for halogen, not for the semi-directional point sources that most LEDs are. Yes, there are LED replacements from reputable manufacturers (Philips, PIAA, etc) that supposedly fix these issues, but you're looking at quite a high price, compared to the popular ones mentioned here. So I'm still sticking with the old school stuff, for now.

Online UnmzldOx

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Deep South
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »
I've been running the PIAA extreme for a few years. I don't feel the need for more light and I like the pattern and color. I've been blinded by LEDs on some pickup trucks and cars lately. There can be such a thing as too much light in the wrong places.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage