Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust recommendations  (Read 14843 times)

Offline mark444

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 White CB500X
  • City / Town: Burpinham, Bama
Re: Exhaust recommendations
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2017, 12:38:56 PM »
Unless someone here has had a CB500X on the Dyno BEFORE and AFTER installing a different exhaust system, I don't see how it can be stated that they (aftermarket exhaust) produce no added power?? Many times just changing out the "can" will add no HP, going to a completely new full header system + can may. It all depends on the bike........some bikes (ZRX1100/1200 for example) come "alive" after adding a Full System + different jetting + less restrictive air filter.......as much as 30HP (from 99HP stock). Modern Fuel Injection systems "may" adjust themselves to the less restrictive exhaust systems, but again, no one knows until they spend some time (and $$$) on a Dyno. One thing that is proven: the aftermarket systems are lighter in weight.
Currently: 2014 CB500X, 2008 WeeStrom, (2) 1996 GPZ1100, (2) ZX11's, 1994 CBR1000F, 1972 Honda CB750, & 1979 CSR650 Kawi.

Offline goldfever

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Bristol UK
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2017, 01:31:41 PM »
The Scorpion serket exhaust came up slightly less high than the stock exhaust - I use it with the OEM luggage without a problem. Can't speak for givi luggage or sleeves though.
Hawk

Offline Zingara

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: West Vancouver
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
Has anyone got a Coffman exhaust?

Here's a link to their site: >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login and a link to a video on YouTube:

Looks and sounds good in the video, but I'd love to know if it's a decent quality exhaust. The stock pipe is hideous.
You own the right motorcycle if you can not walk away without looking back to admire it.

Offline drjack

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Trenton TN
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2017, 12:38:42 PM »
That's about the best looking slip on I've seen for the 500X, but man I'd hate to lose the stock heat shield that's just behind the footpeg. With lowering blocks I feel my heel touching it all the time.
Just one note-the silencer is repackable. That means it'll get louder and need repacking periodically.
Jack
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:45:46 PM by drjack »
The intelligent rider uses a quiet pipe.

Offline columbo-john

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Biggleswade
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2017, 05:04:41 PM »
I went for a Fuel silencer. It is well made, reasonably priced (129 from the NEC last year I think) and makes no difference to the fueling whatsoever.

The link pipe originally had a centre stand stop welded to it but I don't have a centre stand so cut it off. It feels like it weighs half of the OEM can and sounds suitably throaty without being too loud.

Cheers, John.
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2006 BMW F650GS Dakar
1978 Honda CX500
And now..... 2016 Honda CB500X :-)

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2017, 05:10:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by drjack >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
I feel my heel touching it all the time.

:080:
The search button is your friend

Offline Zingara

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2017, 12:36:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by drjack >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
That's about the best looking slip on I've seen for the 500X, but man I'd hate to lose the stock heat shield that's just behind the footpeg. With lowering blocks I feel my heel touching it all the time.
Just one note-the silencer is repackable. That means it'll get louder and need repacking periodically.
Jack

It is a great looking slip-on. I just ordered one with a black tip to match my black bike. I do have a center stand which may be a problem as there's no stopper on the Coffman, but I did see a thread where someone had used a stainless steel marine T-bolt clamp with extra nuts to keep the center stand from butting up under the exhaust. Let's see how this works once it arrives. I may have to add a heat shield as well...
You own the right motorcycle if you can not walk away without looking back to admire it.

Offline togordy

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chickamauga
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2017, 04:34:53 AM »
Added the Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust today.

I'm very happy with the change:

*Less weight
*Significantly improved look
*Better soundi

Here is a before and after pic:

Offline Zingara

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2017, 09:20:00 PM »
I thought I'd share a photo of my bike with the new Coffman's exhaust. I'm all loaded up to leave my camp site on Vancouver Island.

For the install, I did have to drill a little hole to add in a rivet to secure the exhaust, but it was quite an easy install other than that. I do have a center stand and it fits without an issue although the rubber stopper does sit up against the pipe which will be an issue long term. I'll add in another t-bolt marine clamp when I find a black one that fits the wide end of the pipe to prevent the stopper from sitting up against the pipe. The weight loss is welcome and I'm very happy to be rid of the unforgivably ugly stock exhaust that comes on the 2014 CB500X. The sound is much improved without being obnoxious. I haven't taken the baffle out as it is loud enough as it is for me.

Recent Topics