Author Topic: Modified CB500x Thailand.  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Ham46

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Modified CB500x Thailand.
on: June 10, 2016, 10:35:05 AM
Bought late 2015 model and slowly modified it to suit my needs, designed and had made here in Thailand my sump/engine guard, crashbars and rear racks, fitted SW motech footpegs, barkbuster handguards, sort adjustable levers, modified the seat two inches higher and reshaped, Wilbers suspension with hydraulic preload and built for my requirements, 16 tooth front sprocket, Tck80 front and mitas e07 rear tyres and my trusty sheepskin!

Offline robert

• CB500X Newbie
Re: Modified CB500x Thailand.
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 11:27:10 AM
verry  cool locking bike i am doing same type of bike   :306: looks beter then staned

Offline jsonder

• CB500X God
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:18:57 PM
Very pretty. 

Congrats on the nice job of getting what you want.   :030:
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster

Offline Ham46

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:40:08 AM
Cheers guys, just fitted some pro taper fat bars, working on the screen now, to reduce buffeting, love this little bike!

Offline coolchang

• CB500X Member
  • Billy
  • Bike: 500x
Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 02:39:17 PM
HI
Nice read about your Mods to your Bike
Like you I'm in Thailand - Prachuap but soon relocating south to Nakhon Si Thameerat which is a very very wet Provence
SO …… could you advise me on your tyres ( performance noise tyre life etc 0  ….. as i really want the best grip possible….. i seldom ride off road…… but would appreciate if you could give me an idea of what tyres to buy ( At moment have Pirrelli Scorpions
Thanks for your help

Offline Ham46

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 05:29:24 AM
Hi Billy,
This is the first set of tyres like this on my bike, so not sure how long they will last, going from reports on the net, maybe about 5000 miles.
If you are just doing roads, I would choose something like a tourance or annekee, I used them on my four year world tour, I found them good all round tyres, tyres are a personal thing, so difficult to recommend your ideal tyre.
Graham

Offline coolchang

• CB500X Member
  • Billy
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 06:33:39 AM
Hi
Many thanks for your reply , I will look up your recommendations,
Sounds like you had fun doing a long tour !!!!!
furthest trip for me was to singapore from Huahin , with a few deviations ….. loved it
S o aonce again thaNKS FOR YOUR ADVISE

Safe riding to you

Thanks
Billy

Offline Ham46

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 09:19:26 AM
 Hi Billy,
There is also a new continental tyre less aggressive than the TCK80, its a TCK70, looks a good tyre, you can check that out, I have a phone number for a good Continental tyre shop in BBK if you need one. I was going to try the TCK70, but they didn't have our size at the time, but he was getting some when they come to Thailand!
Graham

Offline coolchang

• CB500X Member
  • Billy
Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 01:33:08 PM
Graham
thanks for the info
i will look these tyres up…..ive still got 3-4 k to do so i will make my mind up later . I just wanted to see what bikers thought the best road / X country tyre was for a Honda 500…. sure i know its a personnel thing but…. i respect other riders opinions more than an poorly informed salesman !!!!
Anyway thanks for you help
if ever you are in the south look me up !!!
Regards
Billy

Offline dudu

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 09:55:59 AM
*Originally Posted by Ham46 [+]
Bought late 2015 model and slowly modified it to suit my needs, designed and had made here in Thailand my sump/engine guard, crashbars and rear racks, fitted SW motech footpegs, barkbuster handguards, sort adjustable levers, modified the seat two inches higher and reshaped, Wilbers suspension with hydraulic preload and built for my requirements, 16 tooth front sprocket, Tck80 front and mitas e07 rear tyres and my trusty sheepskin!
Hey man cool skid plate! Who makes it, where did you buy it and how much did it cost? Also, do you sometimes wish it also covered the headers or does it not matter? Thanks man love the bike!

victorious-backstage