Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The Best Hand Guards ???  (Read 8097 times)

Offline stowboy

• CB500X Member
  • 2016 CB500X in white
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Stow on the Wold
The Best Hand Guards ???
« on: September 03, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »
Hi all
im sure theres lots of different types out there, but which type/make do you all use? ive seen this type on ebay, cheap n cheerful,

>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login

any comments, advice etc greatly appreciated :002:

Offline Blackie

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: The Best Hand Guards ???
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 12:41:53 PM »
I don't know about which is best, I suppose it all depends what you want them for- keeping the cold wind off your hands or true adventure riding where you need protection from branches etc, or if you come off.
I just want wind protection, and to me, I think these look good, are easy to fit, and cost me 9!.
here they are on my bike.

Offline stowboy

• CB500X Member
  • 2016 CB500X in white
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »
Thanks for reply blackie, just need them for keeping weather off really, they look good at that price-how long did they take from hong kong/china? do they fit on mirror stalks?
Honda dealer has quoted me 100 for a set  :033: which i kindly declined, however i know you get what you pay for!!

Offline Blackie

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »
Hi Stowboy. Took about 3 weeks, maybe a few days more. You have to take the mirrors off but you do not have to take the bar ends out- just the end screw on each side, and the guards come with a kit with longer screws/ bolts and cheap bar ends which I never used, just put back the originals. As far as effect- they are quite good. As you can see in my photos I took the yellow strips off (only stuck on) just thought they looked better without them

Offline Trent051

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 cb500x
  • City / Town: Deland, FL
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 02:57:04 PM »
I have not done this but other people on the forum have installed stock super tenere handguards. Doesnt look like they give much offroad protection but for street riding im sure theyre fine. About $30 on motorcycle superstore.com i think.

Offline selftaught

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »
I put on come cheapo PowerMadd guards. They are modular and i believe I could go back and add a part to give off-road protection. For now it's just for wind protection and aesthetics.

They are matte black without any colorful writing, which I liked. They have extra flipup mirrors you can buy but those suck. If you want mine you can have them.

if you have a cal Sci medium windshield, I can confirm these clear them for full lock steering but only juuuuuuuust barely.

Offline stowboy

• CB500X Member
  • 2016 CB500X in white
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 10:07:01 AM »
Thanks for replies everyone, will try some of the budget ones, and see how i get on. bust easier to fit the better as me and spanners dont mix too well! :006:

Offline barndog

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500x
  • City / Town: belfast
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 03:03:57 PM »
Blackie, I have the same ones on mine, bought them from a uk seller on ebay for 13, they look real nice smoked to match my windshield.I did put white pvc tape where the yellow stripe went, didn't know you could just peel it off, but they look good for the price

Offline Blackie

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 09:10:36 PM »
Barndog. For the price they are brilliant!. and effective for keeping the wind off. And IMHO look good. I bet the smoked version would look good with a smoked windscreen!. The price of many of the named brands is, IMHO again totally over the top. If I get a Bike season out of mine, I'll be satisfied

Offline barndog

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500x
  • City / Town: belfast
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 11:43:22 PM »
Totally agree Blackie, I was thinking about getting a set of Givi ones at near 100, then I seen them, have had people tell me they look good also

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage