Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The Best Hand Guards ???  (Read 6795 times)

Online John1411

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 in red
Re: The Best Hand Guards ???
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 08:29:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by n4nick >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
Hi John, how are you planning to wire them? I have a set on order (well Chinese knockoffs actually) and want to wire them on with the ignition. Thinking of running them off the headlight feed - but not sure if the fuse on the 2016/LED headlight model can extend to the extra 4W per side. Nick

Going to run them off an ignition switched fuse block. Another idea might be to use the options connector, so they have a different fuse to the headlights, and it's easily reversible.

Offline Jaensn

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bonn
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2017, 06:46:31 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for all your input - it was a big help to make a choice. I went with the cheap ones from eBay, too, but I got them in transparent gray and since the weather was perfect today, I thought I'd share some pictures.

Wind protection is perfect. And when the wind screen is in the high setting on the 2016 model, the guards can be installed in a way that prevents them from touching the screen without customization.

Offline RRocket

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 02:44:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jaensn >>>> link hidden <<<<
Hey guys, thanks for all your input - it was a big help to make a choice. I went with the cheap ones from eBay, too,

Looks good!

You have an Ebay link??

Offline Jaensn

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bonn
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:12 AM »
>>>> link hidden <<<<

You can also find them on Amazon I think. Just search for Universal Handguards.

Offline Name_taken

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500x
  • City / Town: Brisbane, Aust.
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 11:35:13 PM »
I have recently fitted the 'Barkbusters' guards , thick aluminium bar that attach at two points - bar ends and clamp fittings to bars on inner ends. They attach at the outer end by replacing the original bar-end weights. There is a trick to removing the stock bar ends, they don't just unscrew. Have to fold back the outer end of the grips (not easy unless you're a dextrous gorilla) to access two locking tabs thru holes in the bars. Once pushed in, the bar ends slide out in one piece. The guards are then covered by plastic 'Storm' shields. The shields provide plenty of wind protection to stop fingers from getting too cold. The solid bars would provide ample protection in the case of an 'off'. There is also the option of fitting Barkbusters indicators and/or running lights to the plastic shields.

Online slowrider

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 500X Rally Raid
  • City / Town: Surbiton
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »

Agree about the Barkbusters.  That aluminium bar is thick and strong.  Also the brackets that affix to the bars are really tough and designed to take serious knocks.   

I never thought too much about the name until I saw a you-tube video of a chap in Australia on a CB500X Rally Raid with Barkbusters fitted.   He clipped a tree and literally ripped the bark off the tree, these are tough.

Fitted mine yesterday.  It did take a while to get all the brackets in the right place with cable routing and making sure that the brackets did not hit the tank on full lock.   The brackets are universal fitting and can be oriented in different ways to get the perfect fit. 

If you need more than just wind and rain protection then these are the things to buy.

Having fun with Rally Raid Level 3 upgrade

slowrideradventures.blogspot.se/

Offline Pigeonherd

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Quincy, CA
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2017, 01:45:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by slowrider >>>> link hidden <<<<
I saw a you-tube video of a chap in Australia on a CB500X Rally Raid with Barkbusters fitted.   He clipped a tree and literally ripped the bark off the tree, these are tough.

That's why the call 'em "bark busters"... :038:
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline WildGig

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Gold Coast
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 06:32:54 AM »
Has anybody tried the Barkbusters with the single bar-end mount?  It seems like a good solution for wind protection, but I am concerned they will vibrate or move around.

Offline glencoeman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2017, 09:09:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by WildGig >>>> link hidden <<<<
Has anybody tried the Barkbusters with the single bar-end mount?  It seems like a good solution for wind protection, but I am concerned they will vibrate or move around.
I have them fitted to my Forza 300 scooter and they don't move about or vibrate. Quite good actually. Probably be OK on a CB500X as well.

Recent Topics