Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RR L3 - Trail stand substitute for center stand  (Read 2316 times)

Offline japes1275

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
Re: RR L3 - Trail stand substitute for center stand
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 06:09:59 PM »
The other thing that must be mentioned is that if I get a puncture or breakdown I can probably walk to a farm or even pub(!) within at worst an hour or so. In the sort of places you guys in the States can get to you could be walking for days, or worse.

In the UK the places you can ride on green lanes/ tracks etc are few and far between as they get closed due to abuse by 4x4's and idiots on enduro bikes. Gone have the days when you can ride almost anywhere, my dad once managed to get his Greeves trials bike to the summit of Scafell Pike (highest mountain in England), if you attempted that today I think you'd probably have helicopters and half the Cumbrian police hunting you down!

Offline TeeTwo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Ridgefield, CT
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »
....Japes, you make a fine point!  :020:

Being a Brit myself,  growing up and riding there I know exactly what you mean .......  if I get back to the UK  for a ride I will toss out the stand, compressor, puncture repair kit and hiking boots. Return immediately to looking on the bright side of life (hard here at the mo with America Decides 2016 going on)  seek out a pub, do repeat figure 8's in the parking lot (sorry, car park) with the hope of picking up a puncture with the commensurate benefits... :821: :063: :186:...maybe I will see you there.

Your Dad was a steely spined, hard core off roader to which I can only aspire. No cell phone, no SPOT, just faith in machine and riding ability. Ride on.

T2

Offline Matt F.

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb550x
  • City / Town: Swampscott, Mass
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 03:33:49 PM »
T2: My stand showed up today in the mail. Kinda weird to say, but it exceeded my expectations. Thanks for the tip -- it seems like a very well thought out and constructed item.
2013 CB500X

Offline tasso

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X RR3
  • City / Town: Sydenham, London
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »
Anybody knows where to get the Enduro star trail stand in UK?
---
Honda CB500X Rally Raid 3 aka Sisu
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
>>>> link hidden <<<<
>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline JMo

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by tasso >>>> link hidden <<<<
Anybody knows where to get the Enduro star trail stand in UK?

Hi Tasso - my first [two] thoughts were either Adventure-Spec or Zen Overland, but neither seem to have them listed on their web-shops... Might be worth giving them a call though?

Otherwise have you emailed Enduro Star directly and asked how much international postage would be?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Jenny x

Online slowrider

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 500X Rally Raid
  • City / Town: Surbiton
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »

I was going to buy a Trail Stand, but thought I would have a go at making one.   

Please note : I have tubeless tires.  If I was going to use this to change a wheel then I would make it with stainless steel tube.  I am only going to use it to help clean the chain by lifting the back wheel 20mm.  If it folds on me the worst that will happen is the rear wheel will drop 20mm to the ground.

So this cost nothing as I had all the scraps in the garage.

1 x 30cm 20mm Aluminum tube
1 x 30cm 15mm Aluminum tube
1 copper water pipe T joint
1 bolt and wing nut
1 inside of a RAW Bolt

The copper T peice is inserted into the end of the 20mm pipe to form an L to hook under the foot peg mount.  The Duct Tape is used only to stop the jack from scratching the bike.

The inside of the Raw Bolt, a thread with a solid cone on the end, forms the foot.

This is it packed away

This is it extended. 

This is it in use

Really easy to use.   Just put in position and tilt the bike away from you onto the side stand.  You can use your foot to just push the Trail Stand into position.   This is enough to give about 20mm of clearance to allow the rear wheel to be spun.

Don't forget to strap the front brake on

Took about an hour and saved me 40 odd.

I will use it for a few months and then look to improve it.  I may even make a new one out of stainless in the future to allow things like taking the wheel off.  I might make a bigger foot as well in case I need to do this on grass, or have the feet interchangeable.  In any case, I will post any improvements and problems that I find.

Anyway, just a quick DIY job.
Having fun with Rally Raid Level 3 upgrade
Toured in : 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇳🇱 🇪🇸 🇮🇹 🇸🇮 🇭🇷🇳🇴 🇩🇰 🇸🇪 🇫🇮 🇲🇦

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage