Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RR Bash plate  (Read 2382 times)

Online JMo

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: RR Bash plate
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 04:39:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bali Davo >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login

Rally Raid - if you are reading this I hope you do not take offence at thoughts on the topic. Actually I really think Rally Raid should offer a black powder coated version of these guards as an option during the purchasing stage.

No offence taken Bali' - cosmetics are all about personal preference of course... however, there are cost (and additional stock management) implications if we were to offer power-coat the shields ourselves, and a lot of people actually like the 'retro' look of having a contrasting brushed stainless-steel shield over the exhaust - particularly now we have the shark-gill design slots - against the black tubes and engine?

I agree they look really nice the way John has done them above, but for the moment at least, there is no plan to offer them from stock in black - as the saying goes: you can't please all of the people all of the time... (even though we do our best ;o)

Jenny x
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:41:38 PM by JMo »

Offline Mr. Fern

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 cb500x
  • City / Town: Saint Louis
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 04:09:27 AM »
Took me a while to get back but Jenny thanks for the replies. Rally Raid first then the upper guards from HB later.

Offline columbo-john

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Biggleswade
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »
I have since had the front & rear footrest hanger powder coated as well. I will try and take a couple of pics today and post them here.

The rear isn't actually a footrest hanger anymore as I cut the footresty bits off so it is just an exhaust hanger now.  :001:

I will probably leave it alone now and go on my trip.  :305:
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2006 BMW F650GS Dakar
1978 Honda CX500
And now..... 2016 Honda CB500X :-)

Recent Topics