Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How do you attach yours ?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Bern_Grt

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
How do you attach yours ?
« on: April 02, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »
I've seen it mentioned somewhere or other but yes, I'm one who also wishes manufacturers would provide a suitably secure anchoring point to attach a "proper" chain !
So far, although a bit fiddly, it's the "best" way I've found to attach a fairly chunky 2m chain.
Any thoughts/ideas, have you found a reasonably easy way to secure a chain to your 500X itself ?
Bern.

Offline drjack

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Lawrence, KS
Re: How do you attach yours ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »
I just thread mine through the rear wheel. I figure anyone who has the tools to remove the rear wheel has the ability to cut the chain so it won't stop them. Anyone else it'll stop. It's easy to get the rear wheel close to something to lock it to and it's easy to reach.
The intelligent rider uses a quiet pipe.

Offline dusty500

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500x 2016
  • City / Town: wimborne Dorset
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:53:59 PM »
When mine's locked away it has a monster D lock through the front wheel. Plus a 1inch thick cable lock threaded through the engine mount, between the header pipes and engine block then onto a massive ground anchor to join the D lock. It can be fiddly getting the cable threaded (10 seconds in reality) but anything to make a thieving little scrote move on!

Offline Bern_Grt

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 12:30:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by drjack [+]
I figure anyone who has the tools to remove the rear wheel has the ability to cut the chain so it won't stop them.

You're probably right and I think it'll do do for my overnight parking which is off street in a reasonably safe location. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like I might also be able to get the chain through the left side engine mount, then maybe between the exhaust down pipes & engine block... a bit more fiddly but if it works, I'd be happier for longer periods when I'm not around !

*Originally Posted by dusty500 [+]
...anything to make a thieving little scrote move on!

+1  :002:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:32:42 AM by Bern_Grt »
Bern.

Offline Tod.

• CB500X Pro
  • Welsh, by the grace of God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Basildon
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 12:28:40 PM »
Mines just the right length to go through the wheel and up over the seat. That way there's nothing to lever or hammer the lock against.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage