Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rally Raid Lead Time  (Read 1600 times)

Online JMo

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: Rally Raid Lead Time
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 11:41:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by dkjkwood >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
And thanks again.  Are you an employee?

Hi dkjkwood' - not in the traditional sense (in that I don't work at their factory or am involved with production or sales/ordering), but John and I have worked together during the past few years in developing products for Rally Raid, including the LC4-50 Dakar bike and more recently the CB500X Adventure.

Without going into too much wordy detail here, this video interview:

...explains my role in the development of the CB500X project pretty well, and I continue to help develop new product and promote the existing range - typically though my own personal experience during various overland trips such as the >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login ride in 2015 and the >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login last year - and not least continue to answer tech/spec enquires etc. from the media and various online resources such as this forum - taking that pressure off the team that actually work in the office and the factory.

So if you have any general product enquires, feel free to ask in the relevant sections of the forum (or via PM of course) and I will do my best to answer and/or point you in the right direction for existing information; but I would take this opportunity to reiterate here that actual sales and order enquires need to be directed to the company itself: >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login or through the other communication channels listed on their website. >>>> link hidden <<<<

Hope that clarifies things!

Jenny x

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:51:57 AM by JMo »

Offline dkjkwood

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: FJR1300,CB500X
  • City / Town: Easley
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »
Small world. 

I'm a long time road rider with little "dirt" experience.  A few years ago, I took an off road class at the BMW Performance Center in SC and thought what a hoot!  I've been looking for the "Perfect" dual sport ever since.  My wish list was simple, <450 lbs, fuel injected, reliable, good at everything, long maintenance intervals  :745:

Much to my delight I was listening to the Adventure Rider Podcast and the guest was from Giant Loop, discussing the Rally Raid CBX.  I called Giant Loop a few months later and picked their brains about the bike.  Spoke to a young guy who had spent quite a bit of time on the bike.  I was getting jazzed.

Then I read about some crazy lady named Jenny who took the bike thru it's paces and I knew.  This is the one and I bought one.  A month and a half later and a few thousand miles and I'm still smiling. 

I've traveled thru out the US on motorcycles and I've decided my next goal is to ride around the world and have started to plan my route.  I'm pretty certain I've found the bike to do it.

So...

To make a long story short, Thanks!

Online JMo

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 01:07:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by dkjkwood >>>> link hidden <<<<
Small world. 

I'm a long time road rider with little "dirt" experience.  A few years ago, I took an off road class at the BMW Performance Center in SC and thought what a hoot!  I've been looking for the "Perfect" dual sport ever since.  My wish list was simple, <450 lbs, fuel injected, reliable, good at everything, long maintenance intervals  :745:

Much to my delight I was listening to the Adventure Rider Podcast and the guest was from Giant Loop, discussing the Rally Raid CBX.  I called Giant Loop a few months later and picked their brains about the bike.  Spoke to a young guy who had spent quite a bit of time on the bike.  I was getting jazzed.

Then I read about some crazy lady named Jenny who took the bike thru it's paces and I knew.  This is the one and I bought one.  A month and a half later and a few thousand miles and I'm still smiling. 

I've traveled thru out the US on motorcycles and I've decided my next goal is to ride around the world and have started to plan my route.  I'm pretty certain I've found the bike to do it.

So...

To make a long story short, Thanks!

Ha ha! - it is a small world indeed!

Funny, I was going to link to that Adventure Rider Radio podcast (but felt it might be a bit long for some people - 1h30min in total) - so for anyone interested and who may have missed it, the full interview with Harold from Giant Loop, myself, and John Mitchinson from Rally Raid (in that order) is here:

>>>> link hidden <<<<

note. the above interview was originally broadcast in early 2016, and while Harold is still personally a great enthusiast of the bike, by mutual agreement Giant Loop are no longer the distributor in the US - with all sales now handled directly through Rally Raid Products in the UK, with worldwide distribution.

Jx
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:08:59 PM by JMo »

Offline Mutley

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 06:39:31 PM »
I'm at 10 weeks and still waiting.. as a result I have now missed one holiday that was going to use the kit and now another ride out next week.. Louise is polite on the phone but  cannot for some reason my now complete order cannot get posted. It was at the top of the pile on Tuesday. It's now Friday and still no UPS update.. what's going on there RR. Any help Jenny?

Online JMo

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 06:55:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mutley >>>> link hidden <<<<
I'm at 10 weeks and still waiting.. as a result I have now missed one holiday that was going to use the kit and now another ride out next week.. Louise is polite on the phone but  cannot for some reason my now complete order cannot get posted. It was at the top of the pile on Tuesday. It's now Friday and still no UPS update.. what's going on there RR. Any help Jenny?

Hi Muttley - as I mention above, this really isn't anything I can help you with personally - you have to speak/email with Rally Raid and their factory/distribution dept.

If you've spoken to Louise, what did she say? What does your order comprise of? - presumably they are/were waiting for certain components to complete your order (I trust you are aware there have been production delays in recent weeks due to the factory move and one [key] machine being temporarily out of commission, although that was resolved as quickly as possible).

If you particular order has now been fully assembled, then I'm sure it will be dispatched immanently. No one at Rally Raid wants to delay shipping any longer than is absolutely necessary.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, once an order is in the hands of UPS, they will forward the tracking information to the email address you supplied at time of order.

I can only apologise that your particular order seems to have has coincided with an extended period of delay.

Jenny x

Offline juno

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Jupiter
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 07:52:04 PM »
FYI, My order was April 7th and was shipped June 6. About 8 weeks. Pretty much 1 of everything plus Bartt tubeless. Should have been here the 9th but had a 1 day delay in customs so it will be here the 12th. I believe they are catching up to the backlog.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage