Sunset

Views: 12
Posted by: Trailrunner
in: Trailrunner
Cohutta Wilderness

Views: 19
Posted by: Trailrunner
in: Trailrunner

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Late First Service  (Read 576 times)

Online Uncle Tee

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Memphis
Late First Service
« on: May 19, 2017, 04:55:27 AM »
I rolled into the garage today 12 days in with 608 miles. My oil change kit won't be here for 4 days, best case. My question, will I jeopardize  my warranty or engine longevity running up to the dealer tomorrow  and arriving with 710 miles on the dial? As a retired mechanic, common sense says reasonably it shouldn't matter. However from my experience, common sense has nothing to do with warranty contractual obligation. I'm a noobie motorcycle owner, and would rather not have a documented unforced error. Thanks, T
Farkles: A silly little word for things I know nothing about until I read another post and wonder "Why in the world have I not gotten this yet?"

Online jkeesaman

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA 16'
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
Re: Late First Service
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »
I got mine two days ago with 758 miles on the clock, the service department said no problem. Hopefully if needed they will stand by that.

Online Uncle Tee

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 07:22:44 AM »
That sounds good. I'll call when they open. I'll ask for an email confirmation of appointment and a subtle approval of mileage overage, Print and file for reference. Thanks, T
Farkles: A silly little word for things I know nothing about until I read another post and wonder "Why in the world have I not gotten this yet?"

Offline Markdarren

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 08:04:10 AM »
I purchased my X as an ex demo bike with 1900 miles,  when I checked the service book it was stamped at 1058 miles for its first service and that's  from a Honda dealership!!!!!
I would not worry, as long as it's near the service mileage it's okay.

Offline AJC500

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »
I phoned to book my 600mile service last week but they were busy - I had a short ride planned for the weekend, and was told not to worry too much, but to try to keep under 1000 miles, and that the warranty will be fine.

>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login The Story So Far.........

Online Uncle Tee

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »
The big brown farkle delivery truck dropped my oil change kit at 9:30a on Monday. I test fitted tools to preclude power tool screw buggering and set work station. Removed lower cowl then warmed bike to 147F, by gauge at filter. Of course the phone rings, 45min later reheat and drain. Cleaned during drain. Resealed and refilled engine. Rewarmed, leak-checked and reassembled. Torqued cowling with a drop of blue thread lock on each of the S.S. screws.
If not for overthinking and searching for procedure, I wouldn't have used aluminum foil as an oil drain shield and most likely would have started with the center stand. Thanks to forum members guidance with your experiences, 658 miles oil changed, checked and out by 11:00a.
Your humble Padawan, T :037:

Online CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »
Food for thought / Good reading : >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
 " An independent mechanic, a retail chain shop, or even you yourself can do routine maintenance and repairs on your vehicle. In fact, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which is enforced by the FTC, makes it illegal for manufacturers or dealers to claim that your warranty is void or to deny coverage under your warranty simply because someone other than the dealer did the work. "
It is the manufacturer or dealers responsibility to prove beyond a doubt that anything you did caused any failure .
The search button is your friend

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage