Sunset

Views: 12
Posted by: Trailrunner
in: Trailrunner
Cohutta Wilderness

Views: 19
Posted by: Trailrunner
in: Trailrunner

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mach 2 Festival, Machynlleth  (Read 748 times)

Offline TheDirger

• CB500X Member
  • Why did I not ride a bike sooner?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Camberley
Mach 2 Festival, Machynlleth
« on: May 19, 2017, 02:14:48 PM »
Cant believe how quickly this has come around. I'm planning on being there thursday afternoon - monday morning. I know that mel111 and hilldweller where booked - are you still going? Is anyone else planning on being there?

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Re: Mach 2 Festival, Machynlleth
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 03:04:00 PM »
I hope you enjoy it, me, I'm al old wuss !!

Copy of my post today on another thread..............

One less now.

When I bought my ticket it looked like nice cosy bit of fun based on the Mach 1 video, now every newsletter says he's bitten off more than he can chew.

"We can cater for 250, the rest will find food in town". They have sold over 500 tickets so 300 or so scavenging in a small town.

Today we have "walk to leisure centre for a shower" we have "two small sinks for washing pots".

And then ride outs, not mentioned but I can't see any way they can organise sensible ride outs for 200 to 400 bikes. If we stop for a brew the queue would be hours to get served.

I'm too old for this, time to knock it on the head.

If anyone wants a ticket they can have mine, they are transferable but no refunds.
Brian.

Offline Mel111

• CB500X Pro
  • May your Butt live long in the saddle
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB 500X 15
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by TheDirger >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
Cant believe how quickly this has come around. I'm planning on being there thursday afternoon - monday morning. I know that mel111 and hilldweller where booked - are you still going? Is anyone else planning on being there?
I'm still going from Thursday eve to Monday morning. Only thing is I've just dropped my nice shiney new 16 plate Cbx!!! done quite a bit of front end damage plus ripped my right arm muscle severely. Getting the bike back more or less fixed on Tuesday. Wife says I should visit the hospital on Monday. Will be packing the bike Wednesday so will travel up Thursday morning. I'm taking it nice and easy and relax and enjoy the scenery. I'm staying in a nearby B&B. I don't mind eating a curry or two if there's no food at the event, and if it looks like 200 bikes is going to be stupid, then I will choose the go off and explore the welsh mountains myself and i would be happy to have some company if anyone wants to join in. Get back in time to chill out and watch the evening entertainments. Best regards Mel p.s. if my bike can't be fixed i will still be going but only in a car :003:   

Offline TheDirger

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 11:39:39 AM »
Sorry to hear about the drop, glad you're ok. I plan to be up there by mid afternoon. I am of the same opinion as you, more than happy to go off exploring away from the horde! If you let me know an email address I will send you my mobile number.
Cheers

Offline Mel111

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 12:59:02 PM »
Hi The Dirger, Thanks for your commiserations. My e-mail address is: >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login Which way will you be coming from Camberley? I'm south of Bristol so we could maybe ride up together? meeting up at a service station or something? Looking forward to hearing from you. (This is assuming my bike can be fixed in time  and my arm can work the throttle...) Best regards Mel

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 08:24:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by hilldweller >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
I hope you enjoy it, me, I'm al old wuss !!

Well, now an old wuss booked into Maenllwyd Guest House for Thu night. I just can't resist having a look.
Brian.

Offline Mel111

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »
Hi Hilldweller, Glad to hear you haven't totally thrown in the towel. I completely agree with you regarding the festival. 300 to 500 is a huge leap...the food scenario and the rideout scenario could be a nightmare. I think it is unfair that Nick and his team have changed the parameters of the festival and yet we can't get our money back. This is not really what I paid for..however...I plan to make the best of it..weather so far is looking okay. If the rideouts don't look doable then I plan to go out on my own, as the scenery is lovely thereabouts. If food queues are too stupid, then going to an Indian/ Chinese/Pub for food isn't such a bad thing. If you fancy meeting up, then let me know.E-mail me. E-mail is already in this thread. Best Mel

Offline TheDirger

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 10:29:48 AM »
Satnav seems to think down the m4 to Cardiff (ish) and hang a right. I'll have a look for services...

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »
Well the three CB500Xs did meet up and what a success it was even though we were in 3 separate B&Bs.

I think we all agreed the organisation of the event was fine on the surface but lacking in detail. It was really what could be expected of a tough round the world rider who can survive on some dirty water and a few nuts. So I counted 11 single toilets for near 600 people, there were 4 washing facilities or you walked to the local leisure centre, there was one baked potato oven in one tent food supply. There was plenty of alcohol and I heard some top class music. There were a lot of seriously happy bikers, a bit smelly and constipated but happy.

So we decided, thanks to Mel's local knowledge to do our own run on Friday which he'd discovered in the past and took in some of the best, probably the best bike single track roads in the UK. Brilliant job Mel, I can't thank you enough. It was a ride split into two parts with a pub in the middle. Part one was single track roads in amongst the trees, part two was single track roads up the mountains with few trees and magnificent views.

So here is part one. A crappy video I'm afraid, I'm struggling to find a good editor now I'm using Linux instead of Windows, I could not get music working. It's quite boring but surely it will inspire any UK members to visit Wales.

feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:35:27 AM by hilldweller »
Brian.

Offline Defender

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yamaha YBR
  • City / Town: Pwllheli
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 11:45:45 PM »
Not a bad vid at all Brian. Very nice, and proof, if it were needed, that it doesn't always rain in Wales. Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves at Mach2, even if it was a bit lacking in basic amenities. Let's hope lessons are learned, and future events are better catered for.
If I can help somebody as I go along, then my living has not been in vain.

Recent Topics