Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: PUIG "Touring" Windscreen  (Read 1637 times)

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
Re: PUIG "Touring" Windscreen
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 07:10:29 PM »
There's 81 pages on windshield here : >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login  please post windshield stuff there . Good luck with your windshield.
The search button is your friend

Offline SnowOwl

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: SE Missouri
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 02:13:55 PM »
It's far easier to find and read info on a specific model of windscreen when it's posted in a separate thread.  No need to lump it all in one thread in a long and sometimes confusing mess.  Imagine trying to read a book that wasn't organized into chapters, just a story jumping around in no particular order.  Maybe a new section header can be created for windscreens and each make/model be in it's own thread, that would be ideal.
1982 Suzuki PE175
2016 Honda CB500XA

Offline roadscum

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: North Port, Fl.
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 02:34:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by SnowOwl >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
It's far easier to find and read info on a specific model of windscreen when it's posted in a separate thread.  No need to lump it all in one thread in a long and sometimes confusing mess.  Imagine trying to read a book that wasn't organized into chapters, just a story jumping around in no particular order.  Maybe a new section header can be created for windscreens and each make/model be in it's own thread, that would be ideal.

+ 1      Makes sense to me. In those generic threads most of time I'm not sure which product the responder is commenting on. Then if ya ask a Q about product "A" folks respond with a comment on product "B".

Paul

Paul

Offline Ponzan

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500XA
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 02:01:59 AM »
I'm 1.80 Mt's or 5.9 and was experiencing very annoying turbulence/buffeting noises that mostly disappeared or went almost to none with this windshield at the high position. Just a regular, unavoidable and acceptable wind noise. Also now I can ride in the city with the visor open. Very pleased here.
CB500XA; XRE300; HJ125 scooter. Previous: NXR150, DR400, XL500

Offline jram116

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 09:47:44 AM »
I have had my Puig for about 7 months and love the extra protection it provides. I no longer feel neck strain from the wind. I'm 5"11 and as long as I don't stretch my torso I do not feel much wind. I may get the additional visor at some point we shall see. Anyways, here is a thumb up for a taller shield than what came with the bike. The Puig windshield has helped greatly.
15 CB500X
15 Harley Ultra Limited
16 CRF250L

Offline Harry999

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Wrexham, Wales
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 09:17:10 PM »
Hi guys,  :148:
I'm in need of a bit of help please.

I'm just about to order the new Puig touring windscreen with the additional wind deflector installed, anybody out there got any feedback for me please?

I have read nearly all the posts relating to after market windscreens and still no idea what's best

Currently I'm commuting around 150 miles a day speeds upto 80mph on A, B roads and some motorways. I'm just being hammered by the wind, also I cant hear myself think at time too.

#help

Kind regards

Clive.

Offline treedoc

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Tauranga
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 10:29:04 PM »
Hi Harry,

I was having issues with noise (rather than wind) and found that taping over the integrated speaker pocket in my helmet (Bell Qualifier DLX) made a massive improvement.

I have the 13 model X with stock shield, I have added a cheap 'clip-on' screen that improved wind but had little impact on noise.

I use earplugs but by far the biggest impact on helmet noise was to tape seals on my helmet.

Not sure if this is any use to you with your specific helmet, but you may be able to make some similar improvements to helmet noise.

Cheers, Treedoc

Offline Harry999

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 10:31:57 PM »
Good evening treedoc,

Thanks for the advice, I will take a looka at my helmet. I've also ordered the Puig touring screen at a cost of 115 I will update the thread once installed

Cheers

Harry

Offline motogasoline

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500x
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 07:55:50 PM »
I'm 6'2" and the wind goes over my helmet finally after adding the visor/extender.  I would highly recommend it with addition to a taller windshield.  I think our main issue with this wind is the windshid angle.  The visor corrects that a bit. 

Offline Harry999

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 08:09:00 PM »
Good evening

Well, I'm happy to report that my pug windscreen arrived finally!! I've installed it with no effort too, I did however have to adjust the knuckle protectors to allow full lock.
The difference is amazing!! I can ride at 80mph with minimal wind going into my face, this was a no no with stock shield.
I've given it a good test today clocking up 160 miles around north wales,

Overall very happy with my purchase.
Also installed a puig rear hugger and front fender extension.

Looks the part too.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you all for your advice and replies  :152:m

Recent Topics