Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Asphalt trail riding  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Uncle Tee

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Memphis
Asphalt trail riding
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:25:21 AM »
Saturday night storm brought about 15 minutes of recorded 80-100 mph wind. Sunday I went out for a look at the damage. Innumerable trees and debris across the roads, power lines down. CB500X handled limb hopping ditch fording quite well, though I can see a set of big blocks in our future. Really tight u-turns with confidence, standing on the pegs, when I couldn't go around. Monday was spent chasing utility trucks to ask when when they'd start cutting back to our end of the wilderness. All morning Tuesday on the Husqvarna (chainsaw). We've got power back after 70 hours and so naturally here I am, trying to catch up on the important stuff. :002:
Cheers, T
Farkles: A silly little word for things I know nothing about until I read another post and wonder "Why in the world have I not gotten this yet?"

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Asphalt trail riding
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 09:53:53 AM »
Understand the temperature also dropped like 20 degrees in minutes which is really freaky  :114:

Glad the X coped well  :821:

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:20:51 PM »
Was it straight line winds like a squall or did a tornado touch down? The weather seems to be getting dangerous around TN,GA,NC,SC lately.

Offline Sargent_Horse

• CB500X Pro
  • What's brown and sticky? A stick!
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Mesa, AZ
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »
I have actually delayed a trip to Ohio because of the sudden weather out breaks. I will go in the fall i live in AZ and don't have the experience or the want to deal with this kind of weather.
I don't actually own a vehicle with more than 2 wheels...

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 08:00:24 PM »
I was caught crossing the peak of a mountain in a thunderstorm during a downpour. It was midnight and I was riding through the clouds and lightning was striking all around me. Sometimes I would be below it, and sometimes I would be above it. This road (Blue Ridge Parkway) has very few exits. I was caught in an area where there were no exits for 40+ miles. The hair all over me was standing on end and I tingled all over. I made it the 240 miles home. It took me about eight hours running between 10 and 30mph. Sometimes faster but rarely. The rain never let up. It was an unusual pop-up storm. I don't mind riding in the rain, but a thunderstorm I will avoid at all costs. Last year, there was a man riding a motorcycle was killed by lightning in the same area I rode through and there wasn't a storm that close by.

http://wlos.com/news/local/motorcycle-rider-hit-killed-by-lightning-near-mt-mitchell-state-park

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage