Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear carrier recommendation  (Read 2825 times)

tasso and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
Re: Rear carrier recommendation
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2017, 12:18:53 AM »
Before you take it apart note that on the left front bolt that goes to the hand rail has a small metal part that holds the cable that comes from the lock, make sure you remember how it attaches. Nothing complicated just note where it goes.
I also did not need spacers. However my rack mounting arms were not correctly aligned, I had to bend them a little to fit flat/flush with each other. Mount it with the handles and the take a look at how the two arms align. They can be adjusted either with washers as spacers or by bending with a 2x4 piece of wood.
The search button is your friend

Offline Uncle Tee

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Memphis
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2017, 12:24:38 AM »
Duly noted. Thank you Sir, T
Farkles: A silly little word for things I know nothing about until I read another post and wonder "Why in the world have I not gotten this yet?"

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2017, 12:28:39 AM »
You're welcome T ! BTW I just bought a set of Shad carrier mounting arms cheap used in case I decide to mount side cases. Although these are meant for a top case I plan to modify them to mount a small pair of pelicans cases . This way I don't need to build mounting and supports. A future project.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:40:55 AM by CB-500-X »
The search button is your friend

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage