Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hardnott Pass  (Read 677 times)

Offline Pigeonherd

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Quincy, CA
Re: Hardnott Pass
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 06:19:02 PM »
How many km/m is it? I don't know about the Lightning, but I know the Zeros have historically been made with modular batteries, so you could just carry a spare or two if it's too long... Then again, each battery is a couple grand.... The setup with the highest range has the battery built in (so no expanding) and can theoretically go 202 mi (325km), but that's at a price point of (at least) $17k USD. That's the 45kW one. The 52kW one with the same theoretical range would be over $18k USD.

Though I suppose that's cheaper than the 150kW 160-180mi (260-290km) Lightning for $39-47k USD...
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login

Offline Sargent_Horse

• CB500X Pro
  • What's brown and sticky? A stick!
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Mesa, AZ
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »
Is the lightning the picture you posted?

The batteries on the Zero seems to last quite awhile. I was using it as a dual sport commute bike for a few days, and it did that very well.
I don't actually own a vehicle with more than 2 wheels...

Offline Pigeonherd

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Quincy, CA
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 06:31:53 PM »
Yes, that's what that was. :)

It was recorded 218mph (351km/h) at Bonneville and won the Pike's Peak International Hill Climb in 2013. Currently being touted as "world's fastest superbike."

So, of course Jay Leno has one. (this vid has aerial footage of the Hill Climb and first-person footage of the salt flats 218)

-----EDIT-----
I hadn't actually watched this past the first 3mins before, but at 8:30 they start to talk about regenerative braking and at about 9:00 the guy says something really interesting about a "neutral coasting area" between throttle-on-for-torque and throttle-off-for-slowing..... That would be a cool thing for major manufacturers to build into the more common production bikes. Not like it'd be hard, what with all the throttle-by-wire type activity going on...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:44:23 PM by Pigeonherd »
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline Sargent_Horse

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »
I just watched the full video. I had no idea this bike existed. That is really something to beat lighter gas bikes. Thanks for sharing. It's just crazy.

Online hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sargent_Horse >>>> link hidden <<<<
You can change it's response and torque roll on and what not through it's dash settings. The range is definitely the limiting factor.

There are new battery types on the brink of production, once these deliver some more range or less weight I think the take-up will be huge.

I do have an e-bike and love it on holiday on the sea front and tight back street of towns, especially in Italy. Even though only 200W it's great fun going where motorbikes can't go. 200W is enough to spin up it's front wheel on gravel.
Brian.

Offline cbviking

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 03:53:37 AM »
I actually own an electric bike, the Victory Empulse TT.  Got a great deal since Victory is going out of business (75%off). It is crazy fast and a blast to ride. Well worth the $5000 (not nearly worth the $20,000 MSRP), I've ridden the Zero and the Harley electrics as well. All are fast and fun but take a bit of getting used to. And can be dangerous if not careful.

Offline Sargent_Horse

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 07:03:16 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't mind selling off my MX bikes, (maybe keeping the 450 and sticking a paddle on it for sand only), buying a 250 for my off-road needs and getting a Zero for SuMo nonsense and around town riding. I haven't had the feeling of wanting bigger than the 500X though, other than a coveted Street Triple R. Electric bikes just seem fun.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage