Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The X is now in the US!  (Read 2247 times)

Offline TheJRM

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gloucester, MA
The X is now in the US!
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »
Spoke with Honda USA just now and was told that the X had been released to the US on the 17th of this month.  Reports from other forums of them having already landed and now on display in various parts of the US now.

Happy day!!!  :046: :821: :152:

Offline chriswimm

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: The X is now in the US!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 06:23:37 PM »
Yes, I can confirm, I test rode and bought my CB500X on Saturday.
It had been in the dealer for a whole 4 days before I took it off their hands.

I am enjoying the bike so far but keeping it below 5000rpm (running in) doesn't allow it's full potential to be revealed yet.  One main priority for me was to carry my wife and I couldn't find any reviews out there of the bike two up.  We test rode it together and found it to be pretty good confirmed after a 75 mile ride yesterday, rear pegs are a little high but otherwise very passenger friendly.  I am planning to make up some drop brackets for the rear pegs.

Two challenges I had with the purchase:
- Website offers a 2.99% interest rate for finance on the CBX but this didn't show up to the dealer, I insisted and they were able to call Honda Finance and get this deal, they said this was because I was the 1st person to buy one that it wasn't loaded yet so maybe it's fixed now, if not insist and direct them to the website.
- Accessories are still not all loaded in the system.  I ordered the rear trunk but the rack to hold it still isn't available to order (weird right?  what use is a rear box without mountings...) but maybe this will also be resolved in a short time.

Chris.

Offline cornishrider

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X, T140V
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Re: The X is now in the US!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:29:52 PM »
Ah Honda - the power of dreams!  I think the reason the luggage is so expensive is that the trunk has the ability to hover in mid-air just behind the pillion seat.  very high tech.....  :-)
Time flies like an arrow
     Fruit flies like bananas

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage